1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Will Cain] The Houston Rockets is the best place for Jimmy Butler. CP3 can handle him.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Today on First Take
    [​IMG]

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Does he have sauces?

Sauces or gtfo.

#2 DonKnock, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's a really good team too, by the way.

4. malakas

malakas Member

the best place for Jimmy is a team that can give him a max contract and is in a big market.
    The rest are of secondary importance in his mind.

kjayp and Riz like this.
  5. Remlap

Remlap Member

Not sure I want him anymore with the way he is being a cancer to his team and locker room.
    Should we give up major pieces for someone who may do that to US?

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

#RocketsCulture @The Cat

Jimmy wanting to win and that competitive spirit...yeah, would work well with Harden/CP/Melo/Tucker etc.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I’m scared of Jimmy.

Someone hold me.

8. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Having CP3 handle Melo's benching and Jimmy is a lot of ask of him. Im not saying he couldn't do it but thats a full plate. I could also see melo and jimmy getting into it or jimmy getting on Harden for his defense but maybe thats just me because Im sure he respects those guys way more than KAT or Wiggins.

But also, if you get an opportunity to get a Jimmy type player its hard to turn it down.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If Jimmy is true to his persona - just a hard-working competitor bulldog that wants to win...

Well, everyone will be on the same page in Houston.

So not sure what there is to "handle".

10. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Jimmy Butler will make Draymond Green his b**** in the playoffs

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Precisely

D-rock likes this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

You think this guy has problems with intensity?

[​IMG]

zksb09, roslolian, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahah look at the scott officiating in the background

clutchdabear likes this.
  14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

There is not a more competitive person than CP3. Jimmy and CP3 would either become best friends or kill each other.

Plowman, roslolian, dje243 and 6 others like this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Jimmy wants highly competitive pit bulls to match his intensity for winning. ALL we have heard about this preseason/training camp is how COMPETITIVE the training camp has been. This is a team on a mission. This mission aligns with Butler.

Give me a couple of rough riders like PJ Tucker and Jimmy Butler and bring on those soft ass warriors.

16. tc0330

tc0330 Member

amen bro

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

From my perspective, this is the most perplexing thing about this whole story.

Butler has always been talked about as this guy with this huge competitive fire and desire to win. He is talked about as a fierce, bulldog kind of player that hustles and plays hard and defends and does whatever possible to compete. And from that standpoint, he is frustrated because KAT and Wiggins don't share that same kind of drive and desire.
    However, his list of preferred teams that were all pretty bad but with cap space and his public announcement that he wants to get his max money calls that into question. And from this standpoint, he is frustrated with Minny because they gave KAT an extension over him. Does he really care about winning as much as people said? Or is he more concerned about being an alpha, first option player that gets a max contract?

If the Rockets had the assets to get this deal done, it would be done already. Morey would accumulate as much star power as possible and deal with any potential chemistry issues later?
    But if the Wolves drop their asking price, if it is the first thing, that wouldn't be a problem here. The Rockets are one of the best teams in the NBA with other players that are as fiercely committed to winning, if not more so.
    But if it was the second option, he might have a problem/be a cancer here. He would be the third best player on our roster (which is insane to think about) and would have almost zero primary playmaking or ballhandling duties here.

HakeemOnlyFan and kjayp like this.
  18. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

Oh man I can't really imagine a team of Harden, CP3, Butler, Capela, Tucker and Melo, you should see the big f****** smile that I have right now, if those guys match together no one can't stop us. Seriously I don't see any team that can stop these guys on offense and there some pretty damn good defensive players among them.

19. amaru

amaru Member

He seems Miami bound.

Bearius Jones likes this.
  20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Good take. But seriously, **** Will Cain.