1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Tyler White so fat?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by CometsWin, May 9, 2019.

1. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Th
    This sounds like the intro to YouTube workout video.

To address some of those misconceptions.
    -Fat /= diabetic.
    -Yes, it is as simple as calories in vs calories out. There are substantial benefits to eating better nutritional quality foods and exercising. But simple weight management is input - output
    -You can absolutely lose weight to get healthy.
    -The intermittent fasting diet is unproven, like nearly every fad diet. It’s not wrong, it’s just unsupported.
    -elevated insulin is a response to perpetual hyperglycemia. What you really meant is “it’s impossible to maintain or lose weight if you eat too much” which is categorically true.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yes and no. See my red comments pasted next to your comments below (and above)

Yes, it is as simple as calories in vs calories out. There are substantial benefits to eating better nutritional quality foods and exercising. But simple weight management is input - output. Its not just about that. Don't underestimate effects of too much insulin on weight loss/ maintenance
    -You can absolutely lose weight to get healthy. True. But my point is you have to have to get healthy habits that effect your health first, b4 you can actually lose weight
    -The intermittent fasting diet is unproven, like nearly every fad diet. It’s not wrong, it’s just unsupported. It's not a diet. It's a pattern of eating ...a time of eating and not eating
    -elevated insulin is a response to perpetual hyperglycemia. Too much glucose- yes. But....People who graze and snack all day have too much insulin and risk becoming insulin resistant. It is difficult to lose weight /maintain that weight bc of too much insulin

What you really meant is “it’s impossible to maintain or lose weight if you eat too much” which is categorically true. Yes - but don't underestimate when you eat/when you don't and the effects of too much insulin

#102 Tfor3, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  3. xcrunner51

Yeah, I don't know what i'm talking about. I'm just a doctor.

Nook, Joshfast, Hank McDowell and 2 others like this.
  4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I just have ripped abs and perfect blood work in my 42 yr old 6'4" frame.

Btw- the medical community is woefully misinformed about nutrition - like recommending eating every 2 hours and then prescribing RXs to undo the resulting metabolic syndrome, while making their pharma reps happy

5. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

Nook and xcrunner51 like this.
  6. xcrunner51

So Robb Gronkowski is qualified to talk about insulin too huh.

The standard medical advice for anyone is a moderate diet, with large amount of fruits and vegetables, and regular exercise. Modifications are made for diabetics, high blood pressure people, etc...

Zero physicians think medications cure metabolic syndrome.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I guess MDs don't write Rxs to lower blood glucose rather than try to reduce the consumption of glucose and help the body become insulin sensitive. I don't think they try to cure met syndrome- just manage it.

Let me be clear - I'm not a med prof and understand your Gronk comments - I am just a nerd about this topic.

I have a high degree of respect for the medical community / Drs.

We will agree to disagree on this

8. xcrunner51

Lol, no worries man.

I've seen a good number of Youtube videos talking about the stuff you mentioned. Have several (doctor) friends who do the intermittent fasting. With most of those things, there's nothing particularly incorrect. Diabetic people do have a hard time losing weight. More sleep is better. A low-carb diet is better than a high-carb diet.

However, there's little evidence-based support for intermittent fasting. The gold-standard of clinical science is a prospective randomized, control trial and none have ever been done regarding intermittent fasting. Anecdotally? Sure. Thousands of Youtube videos promote those nutritional ideas you were talking about. People that see results with it also happen to exercise more and meticulously watch their diet. In the end, it comes back to 'people who eat and exercise moderately lose more weight than people who don't'.

One thing we can all agree on though, is that Tyler White is fat.

Amshirvani, No Worries, arkoe and 2 others like this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Nice! LOL. Very true!

10. PavlovsDog

PavlovsDog Member

11. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I think Tyler White reads this message board.

Nook likes this.
  12. theimpossibles1

Looks like Tyler spent the off day eating a small horse.

13. SuraGotMadHops

Is White's weight actually affecting White's performance at the plate? Maybe, maybe not. But what is undisputed is that he is fatter this year and hitting worse than he did last year. Being a fat athlete is going to bring you scrutiny. If you're fat, you better be good. If you're bad, well then you better at least be in good shape. But when you're fat and bad? Pobrecitoooooooooooo

Snake Diggit likes this.
  14. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

If White has actually developed a pre-diabetic state with insulin resistance at his young age then that is truly an epic fail on the conditioning/nutritional coaching staff

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Since he's staying, someone get cp3 to pinch his manboobs until he joins a fat camp

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

That's mean. Horses are nice. Especially the small ones.

Please Tyler, don't eat pets!

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

It does kinda ruin the viability of him being used at second (ahead of Kemp) like he was last year.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Do you think he has the spare time ... you know ... between meals and all?

19. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

I've met his trainer, he has a serious thyroid issue.

Nook and raining threes like this.
  20. theimpossibles1

Classic fatty excuse. Did his trainer give you insight on his diet?

You dont go from thick to obese in one year unless you have been taking awful care of yourself.