1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Isaiah Hartenstein playing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gorki, Nov 13, 2018.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

People love to make stupid posts.

cbs1507 and roslolian like this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Capela couldn't catch Harden's bullet passes until he could. What Hartenstein needs to do is that tennis ball exercise Yao did.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'd sure like to meet this "Furthermore" character. Seems like he's looking for explanations to offer the GARM. I can't imagine why he would turn to the GARM in an attempt to explain anything. We specialize in boundless, if often misguided, optimism (that would describe me). The other side of the coin? Endless pessimism, endless complaining, regardless of how well we're playing, regardless who we just beat, and regardless of who we just lost to (as if we're going to lose another game! Ha!). The constant complaining and the constant search for the deepest pit of despair never ends in some quarters here. So Mr. Furthermore continues his search for explanations to offer, continues a search that will likely never end, and if it does end, everyone already knows the response that a large group here in the GARM will offer him. "You know nothing, Mr. Furthermore. Nothing."

How can this go on? What about the children?

4. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

To be fair, Capela couldn't either in his first year. It took reps for him to learn how.

jcf and hakeem94 like this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was referring to threads that say "I hate so and so". If you say I hate a certain person then there really isn't any confusion.[/QUOTE]

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hardstone is not a scrub nor do I want him off team. But Rockets need a better back up to 5 spot.

Hart should not be counted on to play starter's minutes if Clint gets nicked up. For his sake as well as team's continued success, keep his mins to 5-8 a game until he figures out the pro game and improves his hand strength.

7. txn

txn Member

I wish you understand CC’s pick and roll is one of deadliest weapon we have in the league whether it’s with Harden or CP3. Trade away CC, who will be our center? You won’t find another 3-4 centers can do better job than CC. Please don’t tell me Thon Maker can be the guy. Also, with picks, doesn’t mean you will get another superstar. JB trade is a perfect example. If you got a return like Anthony Davis, I am all into to it. But if you give me some so-call asset like Thon Maker even with additional picks. Sorry, the answer is No. I rather just stick to Zhou Qi. So the reality right now is, you have no equal return for CC on the market, but want to dump him for some garbage. Even more funnier you brought up the Golden State exploit and expose CC, while you want us to get Jordan who has more expensive contract and worse defense against Golden State.

joshuaao, D-rock and Patience like this.
  8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We definetly need better role players.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how come nobody mentions this guy could be a Durant stopper? what he done in gsw game was amazing!

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You do realize CP3 and Eric Gordon numbers were garbage early in the season......against those same second units

Saying he is playing well vs second team units is not a good argument against the thread topic of...
    “Why is Hartenstein playing?” The statement that, “Hartenstein is killing us with huge negative
    numbers,” is more what you are looking for......but can’t proclaim.

#190 ApacheWarrior, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  11. basketballholic

If we trade Capela we will be fine.

12. basketballholic

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, there is. The younger generation doesn't know what hate means. They're confused about the word.

13. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

the WHOPPER..........

14. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Well if that's the case, then start one for Sleepy Floyd..........................

15. basketballholic

Capela is an EXPERT pick-and-roll finisher. He has impeccable timing and positioning in the PnR. He sets a great pick and he knows when to slip it and he's great at finding the dead spot in the defense as that spot opens up. One of the best PnR finishers I've ever seen. Period.

Now, do you really think I don't understand what he does for us in the PnR? Give me a break man.

It DOES NOT work against the Warriors. And defensively he's not good enough in switches and in the paint to offset the efficiency drop of the PnR and how he convolutes our spacing when we have to iso against the Warriors...which is about 99% of the time when we play the Warriors and Green is at the 5.

Yes, we can replace his PnR. No we won't be quite as efficient against all the other also-ran teams. We might lose 10% efficiency on that play if we get the right player back. But what we lose in PnR efficiency we will gain in switching defense and shooting. K?

I'm not advocating trading Capela for trash. I'm advocating taking advantage of a team that thinks he's a really good player. Hey, he's in the NBA and making $85 million. So obviously he's good right now.

He does not help us beat the Warriors. We need to trade him for players that will help us beat the Warriors. Which is to say another 4 man that can defend bigs, switch well, defend the perimeter, about the 3 AND finish the PnR when we're running that play.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Seemed to work fine the other night.

RudyTBag and Deckard like this.
  17. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

His screens force the Warriors to switch, which help unlock our Harden and Paul ISOs.

Also, Cousins changes the calculus here a bit. Capela has feasted against him historically.

With his individual skill set, Cousins will take advantage of our switching D. We have to be able to play Cousins off the court and Capela lobs are the best way to do that.

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think his hand strength is second to none. I think he could crush a coconut with a tiny squeeze.

19. basketballholic

Sure.

Who wasn't playing?

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Capela pick and roll is a primary reason we have been kicking GSW’s ass for the last two years when our big 3 is healthy. It is a play that MUST be accounted for.

How can someone say with a straight face that we can’t beat GSW with Clint. 5-2 when we have CP3, Beard and Clint. Proven wrong, move goalposts, over and over.

Air Canada, D-rock and Deckard like this.