1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Why are the Warriors so unlikable?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sajan, Apr 16, 2019.

1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Cockiness. Klay's shooting face. Klay's demeanor. Green's attitude. The fact that Green can BARK and SCREAM and make hand gestures towards the refs and not get a whistle. KD getting into Twitter fights with 8 year olds. KD's burner accounts. Etc.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't understand the luck angle. Why would you dislike someone just because he is lucky? That just reeks jealousy.

To me, the Warriors are very unlikeable because of their entitlement attitude. This is the same reason why I hated the Lakers with a passion ever since I was a basketball fan. (I still hate the Lakers. But they are in a self-destructing mode, which is quite enjoyable.) They think they should get every player they want, get every call, get every break. And if they don't they whine and they act like the whole world owes them.

And they never give credits to their opponents.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...you don't dislike them because they are lucky - you dislike them because they gloat along the way without acknowledging the luck that got them there.... which speaks more to the entitlement point. For instance, back in the day I didn't hate Trump because he is rich, I hated him because his wealthy upbringing clearly afforded him advantages that made it hard if not impossible for him to lose yet in his mind, there were no unfair advantages he had - he thinks he did it all by the might of his noodle brain. Since then I have found many many more reasons to hate the guy, but like the Warriors, it all started with that sense of entitlement.

4. biina

biina Member

Personally dont hate them. They simply do whatever they think they need to do to win. I think a lot of the hate is fueled by how successful they have been. Its like how some hate the way harden plays, when harden does not make the rules nor does he officiate the games. He is simply doing what works for him to have the level of success he desires.

As for the Durant signing, thats his choice. I dont hate him for going to a team where he was almost sure to win championships when same people would have mocked him if he had gone to another team and failed to win any. He is a 2x champion and 2x finals MVP, and thats what history would remember. If Butler, Davis, Walker etc and every other superstar decide to join Rockets, I would welcome them and couldnt care less what other people think.

5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Because we’re trying to beat them and because they’ve won too much now people want something new. I personally don’t like them because I’m a Houston fan and I suspect it’s the same for most people here

6. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

ALL OF THE ABOVE

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You sure kids and moms dun luv them Cupcakes?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe nationally. I think internationally they still have a large fanbase and of course around the Bay Area.

Fairweather fans dun care about how screwed up Draymond acts, or how emotionally unstable KD is, how overconfident Curry is........as long as they hit their shots and get stops.

Majority are fairweather. There is not much time to think about that the other stuff if you eke out your living, sports is entertainment.

9. sungjina

sungjina Member

All of those reasons

And also the fact that they're a bunch of sore losers. I'll never forget the antics they pulled when they lost that Wolves game, the disrespect they showed to everyone in that arena was pathetic.

D-rock and clutchdabear like this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Because they have been so successful.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Talking about Super teams in terms of championships in the last 15 years

GSW 3
    Heat 2 (Wade and Shaq won the 1)
    Boston 1
    Earlier OKC 0
    Lakers 0
    (with Malone and Payton)

Not a superteam but great team

Spurs 3

#32 daywalker02, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, which of the recent past championship teams do you people consider "likable"?

14. rocks123

rocks123 Member

they are likeable (casual fans love them) but they are our biggest rival so in default i dont like them. im sure they dont like the rockets just as much.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

We have a winner!

Tfor3 likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

wrt Cap Hike: I'd add to this that Klay and Draymond both became FAs the year before the cap hike. That was very fortunate, too.

I don't agree with #1. Green started the last 4 games of the LAC near-upset, 7-game series the previous playoffs, beating out Jermaine O'Neal, as mid-series adjustment. In his first start with Lee, Game 4, DeAndre Jordan was held to 0 points.

He wasn't a surprise after that 2014 series.

I don't like saying things like "if it weren't for a pre-season injury,,," Not fair to Green, nor Kerr, especially after Green's Bigly 4 starts in the playoffs with Lee v Blake/Jordan. And, even if Lee was the starter on Day 1, it also implies the Death Lineup of 2014-15 of Curry, Klay, Barnes, Iggy and Green never would have been discovered?

The Death Lineup was, also, already discovered:
    Here's the Death Lineup closing out 2014 Game 6 for the last 6 minutes -- going small v Griffin and DJ.​

#36 heypartner, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    RocketDream likes this.
  17. Spooner

Spooner Member

I'm guessing you didn't watch any postgame interviews with Klay. Especially the one last night and the ones after the Rockets series last year. No one on that team is redeemable. No one.

18. ApuN

ApuN Member

Before they got Durant, they were a great team that I didn't particularly hate.

But when they lost to LeBron, like a bunch of wussies, they went and begged Durant to come play with them.

Instead of manning up and going toe to toe, even-stevens with the Cavs big 3 the next year, they went and found a superstar to tip the scales and break the NBA.

Durant gets a lot of criticism for his move but them wussies begged him to join the team first. If they had just got stronger over the summer and went at it again Durantless, then I could respect them. But right now they are like a bunch of spoiled brats who cry, and moan when games don't go their way because they feel entitled because they have 4 all-stars

19. hakeemthagreat

As bad as Draymond is, Curry is the one I REALLY can't stand. He always seems like he's hiding a inside joke with that fake smirk

D-rock likes this.
  20. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

I hate them bc they seem to treat their success like it’s a given. Yea, they may be the strongest now, but when they can’t get it done anymore, they’re not getting any empathy from me.