1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who should be the Leader?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theimpossibles1, Aug 15, 2017.

?

Who should be the Rocket's team leader? (In alphabetical order)

1. Mike D'Antoni

10 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. James Harden

15 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. Chris Paul

48 vote(s)
    58.5%
  4. Other/committee. (Please elaborate)

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

He also "no disciplined" the rockets out of the playoffs i.e. The late game 5 collapse which lead to the game 6 no show.

6 one way, half a dozen the other, I suppose.

cheke64 likes this.
  2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

So then Paul choked while being very disciplined to a bunch of backups. Hmm that discipline thing works both ways huh.

3. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

The game 6 no show and the clippers collapse were very different. Not sure how you could say Paul in that game was similar to harden in game 6? But yes it can work both ways. That was the point of my post.

5. theimpossibles1

Fify ;)
    Also lol at "if chris paul is chris paul."
    I believe he is :D.

6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Mike D'Antoni

This is so f*cking stupid. Yes, there's a debate (due to age/experience/skill) as to who should be the leader among players, but EVERY single head coach should be the absolute leader of the team. That's how things work. so asinine.

7. theimpossibles1

In an idealistic way I agree with you, however, D'Antoni has established himself over time as a "player's coach" and seemed to let Harden take the lead last season. If a rift/fight breaks out, will D'Antoni be the one to put his foot down? I don't see that.

#27 theimpossibles1, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  8. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

After watching the Bev chest bump from last season, I am not convinced MDA look like an alpha.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Chris Paul, easy answer.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol so you honestly think mr discipline cp3 could have carried the rox all the way to third seed overall by himself ???

You criticize harden for not getting past a vastly superior team in the 2nd round no hca
    while praise paul for not getting past a young inexperienced team in the 1st round with hca

#30 vlaurelio, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Um, knowing when to follow is one of the most important yet underrated aspects of leadership that will ever come about. You should read Sun Tzu's 'Art of War' when you get the chance. It's not terribly wrong, but nearly every war ever won used the principals found in that book. West Point studies it because it contains valuable information about winning contests. Look at the book market, there are probably about 50 books out there starting with these words, "The Art of". That's because it's brilliant friggin' stuff and letting others lead and following them is a huge part of the book. They say leaders that don't follow, fail. MDmA is an excellent leader from what I can see.

12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I don't think you have to change anything and I don't think Harden is going to be butthurt by CP3 getting on him for anything.

That video, CP3 was the general. And Harden was the enigma. And that's the way it should be. Any reason for deferral goes to MDA. This is still Harden's team, he's still the best player on it.

The dynamics of the team seem contrived for the sake of sports talk. A team can have two good players, two big personalities. They don't automatically have to clash. Opposing styles might even be better than two guys who want to be general.

Hell, maybe CP3 being a little uncomfortable trying to be general to a player that's better than him is what HE needs. Maybe a little poke at the fire is what James needs. Being comfortable isn't what wins chips. Those Warrior fellas didn't rise to the top with pillow fights.

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Question:
    Who do you think is the leader in this picture? My bet is that it's the one with his hands on the table...

Body Language 101 ....

(P.S.) Also wearing no socks is a "stinky" power move...o_O

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dwight Howard

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

JH is the leader that decides who does a lap dance in front the players

16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

The Spurs weren't even close to a vastly superior team. He gets credit for getting us there. He also gets the blame for the loss. Paul has lost in the playoffs, but it has never been because he flat out didn't show up for games. Stop blindly defending harden.

17. vlaurelio

stop letting facts get in your way of blindly hating on harden

try to debunk each single one of these points -

fact: last year, spurs are a vastly superior team to the rockets

spurs beat the rox 3-1 reg season
    2nd seed over all (6 wins behind GSW, 6 wins ahead of HOU)
    HCA
    Pops >>>>> MDA
    LMA, Green, Gasol, Parker, Lee, Mills, Simmons, Ginobli, Dedmon >>>>> Ariza, Capela, P Bev, Ego, Williams, Dekker, Harrell, Nene
    total number of rings of Spurs roster including coach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rockets

fact: lebron nor KD nor steph would have -

single handedly just by themselves carried the rockets team to 2nd seed over all (62 wins or more) last year
    and
    single handedly just by themselves carried the rockets past the spurs

Blurr#7 likes this.
  18. StevieCrossover

The Ball handler is like a quaterback and makes most of the decisions. CP3 should be the leader but harden has been here longer. It has been established that this is James Harden's team.

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You aren't worth it varoolio. You are going to believe harden is blameless no matter what I say. And you are going to state opinions as facts. (Besides the records)

20. vlaurelio

3-1 record, 6 more wins, miles better coach, miles better roster, how may rings does those guys have compared to the rockets, show the spurs are the vastly superior team

so what's your opinion? which single player could have carried the rockets to 3rd seed overall or better and beat the spurs?