1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who has more Potential? Morris or D-Mo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Jun 25, 2011.

?

Who has more potential?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2014.
  1. Donatas Motiejunas

94 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Marcus Morris

42 vote(s)
    30.9%
  1. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Which player do you think has more upside?

Donatas Motiejunas best case scenario could make him a Bargania type player. A big who can consistently score 20pts per game. He could be a special big who could score in multiple places.

On the other hand if he thinks the NBA will be a easy joy ride we could see him being the same type of player David Andersen was. A big that can shoot, thats about it.

With Marcus Morris you have a big physical scoring small forward. His best case scenario is former Jayhawk Paul Pierce. Both guys around 6'7 230lbs range. They aren't the most quickest players, but both are crafty and find ways to score. Also physical players who work in the post a lot.

If Marcus Morris doesn't pan out, at worst I see him as a undersized PF who is just a role player off the bench.

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Motiejunas is more gifted athletically and might have a bigger skill set, but Morris seems like a hard worker.

Morris might reach his, before Motiejunas who I'm not entirely sure about with having NBA career.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If the stars aligned perfectly D-Mo would become the next Dirk and Marcy Marc would become the next Paul Pierce. I would say Dirk>PP but if they both hit their "ceilings" we have two stars on our team.

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i believe morris could become an iguadala type player, where d-mo could potentially become dirk...

that being said i had to vote for d-mo, but d-mo becoming dirk is a farther reach than morris becoming iggy

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Monti for the win...

7 footer who can score from anywhere on the court while providing decent rebounding and defense...sounds familiar???

Morris to me is going to be a nice player, tough guy, who can defend multiple positions...i'll go with Metta World Peace as his comparison.

Being 7-feet, with that ablity, is such a rare mix, now we just need to unleash the beast within.

6. anchel

anchel Member

Iguodala? Morris is basically an scorer...

Voted Morris.

7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

The key word to your question is "potential".

So with that said, I'll go with D-Mo over Morris. D-Mo, arguably has one of highest (if not the highest) upside's in this entire draft. The dude at one point was ranked only behind John Wall, in the 2010 Draft class.

Now reaching that upside is a completely different story.

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I just am not feeling this Morris kid... :/

9. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I like the Paul Pierce comparison alot for Marcus Morris

10. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

What is there not to feel. The guy has a good head on his shoulders, he is a workaholic, he has student mentality, He has shooting range, his has post game, he can rebound, he can defend, Hes athletic, Hes not afraid of contact when going to the rim, He has bball IQ, that constitutes a solid player to me.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

As long as Morris doesn't pull this crap, we'll be good.

[​IMG]

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Motiejunos thinks Dwight Howard cant guard him...!

He is gonna have a rude awakening before he is even a rotation player!!

I think (or maybe just hope) Morris can be an all-star in 3-5 years

13. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

What exactly does Bargnani do other than shoot?

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Morris will be a better NBA player (which is why he got drafted 14th versus 20th).

DMo has further to go than Morris to become an everyday NBA player.

I am guessing that Morris is 80% of the finished product, while DMo is 60%.

Thus, Morris has the best upside and DMo has the most upside.

15. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Forget Dwight Howard, wait til he meets Chuck Hayes.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Glad Morris plays on both ends of the floor. He will be a more potent version of Iggy and with more fire power and perhaps as much defense.

17. Yoda

Yoda Member

Morris just doesn't have that look of a star. He looks like a role player. You know...that "it" factor

D-MO does

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As long as he leads us to a championship, he can do whatever he wants.

19. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

D-mo dropped to #20 for a reason, if he really was the next Nowitzki he wouldn't be at 20… He is lazy, out of shape and has NO HEART…. thats why teams were like Uhhhh…. he's way to cocky for a 19 year old.. watch his videos.. the kid is winded and bending over tired after chair drills and one on one drills… thats out of shape and it showed a lot of GM's he isn't worth a top 10 pick.. at #20 though i have no issue, it's a steal if he pans out..

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I could say the same thing about Morris, if he really were that similar to Paul Pierce, Glenn Robinson, and Carmelo Anthony, why didn't he go higher in a draft, alot of teams could use a player like that.