1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who buys $2000 pairs of sneakers, have people lost their ever-lovin mind?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If they reduce their travel, auto or home buying expenses by a similar amount; I see no problem with this. There's also always been a separate economy of individuals placing non-utilitarian prices for wines, paintings and other pre-owned collectible items, they're every bit as irrationally valued although it's a little more jarring to see the sneaker culture come into being right before our eyes.

2. fattz

fattz Member

Most wealth people don’t give money away by buying a lot of extracurricular extravagant items. Most invest money over and over compounding their wealth. Buying depreciating asset ends the cycle. Buying things that last that only have to buy once. Get your very nice classic style shoes resoled for the third time before buying a pair. (They are completely comfortable already) Pay cash for a car and keep it till the repairs are more than the car’s value. (Routine maintenance is key in getting the value out of a depreciating asset)

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Prove it. Good luck.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Even if you can afford yeezys, it’s a stupid purchase. They look dumb.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

who gives a ****, most things are "overpriced", especially in fashion.

why do people buy Hermes bags for 12 thousand dollars each.

6. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Interestingly, if a person pays $12K retail for an Hermes bag and takes good care of it, that is not a depreciating asset. They can often sell it for as much as they paid for it or even more. (If its the RIGHT Hermes bag, a Kelly or Birkin)

7. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

It's a culture of stupidity, people these days buy houses, cars, technology, and other crap they can't necessarily afford. This mindset of it making you happy is bullsh**t, you are lying to yourself and causing resoures to be used from this planet that we don't really have. My rant is finished, this will probably fly over everyones heads cause its stuck in the ground. I do have a sense that the new generation coming up will have a arder life maybe this will turns thing around......carry on greedy generation.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm 28 and I've never heard of "Hermes" until today.

Googled it, went on their site, sorted their women's "bags and small leather goods" by price. Most expensive bag is 30k.

Wow.

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Shiiiieet I just bought me 2 pairs of Adidas for $100 total at the outlets yesterday.

hvic likes this.
  10. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

fashion is subjective, many people don't agree with your opinion on how Yeezys look

YOLO and Houstunna like this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Their opinions are wrong

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

That's awesome! Really good job and idea from the wife (on Converse before you switching to leather etc.).And yes, I've seen the airbrush work and it's pretty damn amazing, again your job here on these looks really great!

Thanks for sharing.

Edited for typo..

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Complicated answer. Between $2000 sneakies and a helicopter.

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

With an Au Pair. So, Id say roughly about $13/hr

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You don't understand that those shoes have limited runs. Supply and demand just like those Baseball cards. If the shoes were easy to find they wouldn't be $2000.

There's a pair of Jordan 4's that only have about 10 pairs in public hands that go for over $10K. https://stockx.com/jordan-4-retro-e...JXDW0IZUnoQYEoEzXYzmDiPDi_8GhC70aArvMEALw_wcB

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah. That guy is unaware of Verlander's Beverley Hills dining receipts.

Wealthy people have houses full of expensive, extravagant things... fly First Class... and stay at the finest hotels. News Flash.. You can't re-sole a cheap pair of shoes 3x.

They're usually bad tippers though.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You're looking at the wrong site.

These shoes can be had for around $900 on StockX currently via the bidding process.

I've been wanting the Frozen Yellow's and Zebra's but didn't want to break the bank (about $450-$500) so I'm excited that they're re-releasing those exact ones in December. Just got to make sure I get my hands on both.

Ziggy likes this.