1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Teams Will You Be Watching This Season?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Reeko, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Other than the Rockets, what teams will be watching on a consistent basis and why?

for me, in no particular order

Clippers - Sweet Lou has been my favorite non-star player in the NBA for years now. Dude is a walking bucket and so skilled. Now they got Paul George as well who I also really like, and with the addition of Kawhi making them 1 of the best teams in the NBA, I gotta tune in.

76ers - I like the way they play under Brett Brown with all that constant ball movement. Embiid is fun, and their defense will be incredible. Simmons is a very talented player, and they’ve added Josh Richardson who I like and have Tobias who I had been wanting on the Rockets since like 2016. Also, they have a great home atmosphere. I especially love watching them at home, and I wish TC could be like that, but God ain’t answering my prayers on that one.

Pelicans - I think they can be a really fun team to watch. I gotta see if Zion will live up to the hype. Jrue is probably my 2nd favorite non-star player in the league behind Lou Williams. He’s another incredibly skilled and crafty guard who can lock up on the other end. Their team has a lot of youth and athleticism. Right now, they kind of remind me of that Lamar Odom, D-Miles, Q-Rich Clippers squad from back in the day that all the young kids lowkey liked. Their fanbase is energized right now, so I expect their home games to be poppin, at least early on in the season, and it will only increase if the team is competitive throughout the entire season.

Nuggets - I love Jamal Murray. The Nuggets always play a fun brand of basketball.

Kings - They got Fox who I hope is a Houston Rocket years from now after his 2nd contract is over. They also got a sniper in Hield and Bagley who quietly had a very nice rookie season.

honorable mention - the Nets (because of Kyrie and Caris Levert, plus Kenny Atkinson has them playing a good brand of basketball since he’s been there), and I will keep my eye on Trae Young

malakas, lionaire and Deckard like this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

Pelicans-young and fun

Lakers-they'll be on every night, so can't really avoid them. How long until they all get injured?

Clippers-great on paper. Let's see how they do on the court.

That's about it. Not real interested in the east.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I really hate to say it can’t even believe I’m saying but I will pay attention to Dallas.

That luka and KP duo sheesh

Jayzers_100 and malakas like this.
  4. lionaire

lionaire Member

Houston
    New Orleans - the Zion show
    Atlanta - probably the best and my favorite young core in the league
    LAC/LAL - gotta do some homework on our postseason comp
    Brooklyn - Kyrie's probably my favorite player to watch besides Harden and he's joining a group that was already entertaining to watch

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Boston and Philly in the East.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I find it tedious to just track stars.

Teamball is compelling.

7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Lakers, Pelicans, Mavericks, Clippers

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

grizzlies, hornets, and wizards

malakas likes this.
  9. JW86

JW86 Member

Clippers and Raptors I might watch full games of, the rest strictly highlights or just scores watch.

10. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Dwight to bring back glory of 2013 Lolkers

11. awc713

awc713 Member

Teams I’ll be following:
    SAC (development of Fox/Marvin)
    PHX (Rubio, Booker, Oubre, Ayton quietly an interesting core)
    ORL (Fultz altered his shot, another young core)
    DEN (can they repeat last season’s success?)
    UTA (Does Conley take them over the hump)

12. malakas

malakas Member

Well at the start of the season I am interested in watching many teams. I want to check out the rookies and the new cores.
    Like Pelicans, Clippers, Celtics, 76ers, Mavericks etc

But after a couple of months, I will only end up following my two teams.

The right question is which teams I have absolutely zero interest to watch even from the beginning.
    Charlotte, Orlando, Utah, Knicks, Cavs, Raptors, Nets, Bulls, Pacers, Wizards, Thunder, Blazers, Suns, Kings, Spurs.
    If these teams didn't exist this season I wouldn't care much.

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lakers(cant wait for them to breakdown with injuries)
    clips(my fav to win, although after someone here brought up a good point we might have a chance. No creator)
    dallas(this is really one of the most exciting pairings in the nba, hate to see it)
    warriors(just to see how long curry can carry them before he breaks)
    pelicans(this is gonna be one tough 9th seed, alot of good teams gonna lose to them)
    hawks( I love there pace n the drafted well, got them making the playoffs)
    n taco fall lol

#13 mike2k132, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I like ur no watch list, same minus okc. I think they gonna be good as long as cp3 healthy. I want him 5o do good, even tho that may mean he goes to the lakers, cp3 on that team would be a sure ring

malakas likes this.