1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which decision will Morey regret the most?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dash, Dec 20, 2018.

?

Which of these decisions will Morey regret most?

1. De'Anthony Melton trade

10.5%
  2. Giving CP3's mega contract

89.5%
  1. Dash

Dash Member

He traded our only promising young asset and player in De'Anthony Melton for 2 untradeable/unplayable players with one of those players having a similar bad contract as Anderson, or giving CP3's mega contract knowing his injury history.

CP3's mega contract wouldn't hurt as bad if we had some promising young talent than can step up in his absence when he's gone but fact is that this only puts more reliance on Harden and will wear him down when the playoffs come around. And we are forced to play G-league players because we are so thin.

But imagine having Melton right now in this system with his defensive and playmaking abilities, he would be a hell of player. He's already a good player in Phoenix and his chemistry with Ayton is very impressive in the games that I've watched. I can only imagine what he could do with Capela, not to mention Anderson would be very much needed depth right now. Knight and Chriss look horrible and didn't even relieve that much cap space with the trade. Which decision will end up costing us more?

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

big article in the Washington Post today about how the max contracts have hurt teams like Washington (Wall's contract) and others. I'll dig that out and post that later

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

He will regret paying Ryan Anderson & Chris Paul during James Harden's prime.

split41, TMac'n, Zboy and 2 others like this.
  4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

paying Ryno which ruined our title chances and then followed by cp3's contract which ruined Harden's title chances completely.

two HUGE mistakes in a row

Zboy likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I would of loved to see Morey let Paul walk just to see the 180 clutchfans would have done b****ing for letting Paul walk. Kind of like we let Luc and Trevor walk and there has been non stop b****ing about that.

arabrocket and jcf like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why wait til later :rolleyes:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...d3874f1ac36_story.html?utm_term=.e45f44c00d3e

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ryan Anderson...the gift that keeps on giving

we had 20 mil worth of potential production just chilling with courtside seats for playoff games last year

Zboy likes this.
  8. Dash

Dash Member

My only argument against Chris paul contract is there was really nothing else that Morey could do. Paul wanted max money and Morey wasn't gonna let him walk for nothing after already giving so many assets for him. 90% of us would do what he did and not let him walk for nothing.

But this Melton trade is way more ironic and dumb to me. We finally hit a diamond in the rough in the draft and literally gave him away for nothing and made us worse. Not even saving much cap space.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

OP took the time to think out this thread and its still stupid in the end

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson.

11. Dash

Dash Member

I'm still one of few who still believe CP can play up to his contract and can get past his injuries

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

coming from someone that thinks melton is some "diamond in the rough". doubtful. its amazing the conclusions people pluck from the sky

13. Dash

Dash Member

Also I'll take you calling me stupid seriously if you can tell me that you've watched a full Suns game this season and watched Melton play.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

ive seen enough to know he isn't some diamond in the rough. if that's your full on basis that's pretty stupid tbh

15. Dash

Dash Member

Then you're a bad judge of talent. Enough is not watching highlights on youtube. ive could've said more but I didnt want people like you to get their panties in a bunch

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah ok. you're calling yourself a judge of talent. tell us how much melton has exactly played. this logic of people thinking they watch suns games of melton and think they know exactly everything about him is laughable. man is he lighting it up

17. Dash

Dash Member

You seem like the type of person who steps out of shower to pee

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

perfect response when you know you have nothing to respond regarding the topic. good one. next

19. Dash

Dash Member

He has played alot actually, multiple games with 30 plus minutes and playing with a terrible roster but still dishing out 5 or more assists. He defensives abilities is most impressive, his IQ is of a veteran, not a rookie. You won't see that on highlights

20. Dash

Dash Member

Lmao I can go all night baby