1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Calvin Murphy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigggReddd, Jan 1, 2017.

1. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Put me on the same boat with those who thinks something else is up. He doesn't look like the same old Calvin.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Trust me, I'm definitely not against Calvin. I just figured the guy I quoted was down on him because of the molestation accusations from a few years ago.

I pretty much KNOW his daughters lied on him.

Pen15clubber and mario_v like this.
  3. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Do you know that he hired his relatives for Houston Sports Authority when he worked there and filed fraudulent time sheets for them and was charged with fraud? Case dropped after settlement. I wish him well, and no harm, but he has a past beyond the abuse charges. He has a lot of dirty laundry, nasty laundry. Not a moral or character guy. I have been a Rockets fan from the 80's, kept up with the players, broadcasters. Not meaning ill will to anyone, but have to call it as I see it. I do believe 2 of his daughters told the truth but were overwhelmed. Don't know about the others

#43 OldYelllowDog, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Hank McDowell likes this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Didn't know this... however, I did state he had flaws.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Settled and case dropped so we should as long drop it. He's good at what he does and we like what he does. We're not marry the guy or anything

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Wow, I just made a point to listen to him on the post game TV broadcast, I usual have it on w.the sound down and 790 on, but yeah that's not the same Calvin. I hope he is ok.

7. OldYelllowDog

oh, If was your family would you feel the same way? Yes, case settled to stop the publicity but it is still there.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

probably not but it's not my family. the man settled the HSA issue and he was not charged on the molestation. do you want me to treat him as guilty when the law says he's not? that seems just as unfair as victims who don't get justice. with family problems like this there are no winners, only losers but that's for them to sort out. for me as a rockets fan, I just want calvin to entertain me. I don't need his morals, values, leadership, etc... just make me laugh.

9. OldYelllowDog

I thought so

10. OldYelllowDog

He was charged, but acquitted because his daughters (at least 2 of them) were threatened. You are right, he was acquitted. Glad you are entertained by him. My more pressing concerns are about this team, and if Calvin is missing I am not missing him.

#50 OldYelllowDog, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  11. hakeemthagreat

Everybody, including you have a past. As far as his daughters, Calvin was found innocent and that's all that needs to be talked about. Also Calvin Murphy has done TONS of great things in the community for years so I'm not sure where you'd get the moral comment from. How does a man get found innocent of ALL charges and ppl like Old Yellow Dog still bring it up? Are you somehow above the criminal justice system?

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Horry has a KID with one of those daughters. And he seems cool with Calvin to me.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

I'm assuming he's doing okay now?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. zettaw32

zettaw32 Member

don't hate on Calvin he is a good man!

15. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Rockets org needs to let Calvin at least sit with BW for a couple of games this season while Bill is still broadcasting. Would be some awesome championship nostalgia to see them together one more time.

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Ok guys I'm going to address the elephant in the room.

Calvin has lost some serious weight since the beginning of the season. With those speculating health issues it makes you wonder.

Cancer/AIDS/major health issues?

I may be blowing this out of proportion.

17. Jay713

Jay713 Member

Who's Calvin Murphy?

18. Jay713

Jay713 Member

I'm kidding.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah, it seems like something is going on. He's lost weight, he's had games where he sounded weak, etc. I don't know all of his personal history, but on a purely human level I hope he is ok. The rest of that stuff being thrown around in here is above my pay grade. Not enough information for me to let it factor into what I think of the man.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  20. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

We are prayin for you Calvin.
    I wonder how many of those cookies the ladies used to bring him included telephone numbers;)