1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where are the tax cuts?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The GOP owns the congress and WH. Where are the tax cuts?

Matt Drudge wants to know.

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Does Matt Drudge realize its only been three weeks?

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

LOL.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The "its been only three weeks" observation may be true, but past Presidents managed to get their important things going in shorter amounts of times. heck, maybe if Trump spent less time tweeting attacks on our judiciary, attacks on other government officials, and attacks on American companies that don't financially benefit his family and more time on getting things done?

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/trump-fighter-chief-what-about-governing-n718776

5. Falcons Talon

It just seems to me that he's got his hands full trying to get his cabinet installed. While the things he is doing may may not make everyone happy, at least he's getting something done. It's not like he's out golfing.

But yes, I do agree....Definitely too much tweeting and petty fighting....and Devos??? If we teachers are required to be highly qualified, then why not her. I nervously await what direction she goes with education.

6. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

7. Falcons Talon

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

The slowness in getting his cabinet in place is partly, perhaps even largely, his own doing. He chose lots of people with complex financial situations that obviously take longer to examine. He also chose outsiders that will take longer than people who have already gone through approvals in past. And he chose some controversial nominees that of course would get a closer/longer look. And in some cases, his nominees were not allowed as extensive of questioning in committee so the nominees submitted answers and statements in writing which also delayed their votes.

And, he/they took a long time before submitting the necessary paperwork. For example, Labor Secretary just submitted his ethics paperwork yesterday! Devos and Ross were also tardy in getting their paperwork completed and submitted.

Oh, and about golfing... LOL

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-first-visit-golf-course-234729

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Falcons Talon

Yes, I understand that. No excuse for the tardiness in submitting their paperwork. I don't think anyone should make a choice for times sake, just like I don't think anyone should make a decision for times sake.

Yeah, I took it in the ass on that one.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I agree, half the talk has been about useless counter terrorism and the other half has been defending against the bully media.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know... Poor wittle twump is picked on by that mean 'ol media. How dare they call out the little innocent baby for his countless lies, insulting judges when things don't go his way, threatening to ruin the businesses of a Senator, having a white supremacist in his cabinet, and investigating whether the military operation that failed to get their target and ended up in the loss of life a navy seal was a success or not. That big meany media needs to give him a break and stop bullying the defenseless president of the United States.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  12. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

When you still have over half your Cabinet unconfirmed, a significantly longer time frame than those of Bush and Obama,
    its hard to enact policy.

He won the election. Give the man his cabinet and let him fulfill his promises to those that elected him.

Lower Taxes, Less Regulation, Reduction in Government Bureaucracy are all direly needed!!

ipaman likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

See above.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

They're being confirmed by a Republican-controlled Senate. Filibuster is not available. Who is responsible for the confirmations taking so long?

R0ckets03 likes this.
  15. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Democrats obviously.

calurker likes this.
  16. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

I respectfully disagree, sir. I think it's because of Hillary's email server.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He needs another couple of weeks to make sure everyone knows how really great and fabulous his tax cuts are going to be and that only a total loser or a Muslim won't think they're really just tremendous.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And is scheduled to play again this weekend...

President Obama didn't have his full cabinet until April 28th. The modern record.

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

oh the tax cuts are coming, do not worry about it. This is one thing that is going to happen this year for sure.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member