1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

What's the largest amount of money you've lost/wasted?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by droxford, Feb 15, 2018.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

It’s funny when comparing stories from different economic backgrounds...

Anyways lol...

I also received 650 each month during high school because my dad was in ss for disability. Blew it all partying drinking beer and buying clothes. Not really a waste tho right? Lots of great memories.

Biggest waste ever tho?

I was with this chick, my crazy ex, and after my tax return bought her a car. Nothing fancy at all. A flipping late 90s Ford Taurus I believe for like 3grand.

So she sees this crap car and wants it. Ya know why? Zebra print floor mats and steering wheel cover...

I’m like whatever, Im school I had a bud and his Taurus was cool. Very reliable and got us everywhere we needed and he took care of it. Didn’t know they were hunks of shiit

Well it had a check engine light. Needed a new catalytic converter. Bought one for 300+. Installed it for another 125. Didn’t fix the check engine light. Needed a new battery. Bought one, another 100+. Bought some sensors, got a complete tune up and oil change. Still runs like chit with a check engine light.

At this point about 5k in this pos, worth 1200, because my girl at the time liked the ****ing autozone aftermarket carpet mats and steering wheel cover. So it’s still broke down in my yard running like shiit. Inspection and registration is out of date.

Well, I break up with her becaus she’s fuucking psycho. She comes and gets her shiit. “Don’t touch her car” “it’s mine”.

Whatever... idgaf take it, keep it, get it out my yard.

2 weeks later she has it towed by a scrap yard company that paid her 250.

Lol...

Good times :rolleyes:

AroundTheWorld, Kim and Nook like this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Damn, some of y'all make me feel lucky. The worst I've lost is like a year's cell phone contract and a phone for a chick I was dating. Probably a grand back many years ago.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Vending machine.

Freshman.

$1 in quarters.

Sensing desperation, the bag of cheetos refused to came out.

Adjusting for inflation and financial situation at the time, that one hurt, and left a psychological scar.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'll answer this question in the future after the fate of my crypto investments are determined.

jbasket, CCity Zero and krnxsnoopy like this.
  5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

A little over $4,000 by Nigerian Scam Artists when I was really desperate for a job and did some stupid things.

Kim likes this.
  6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Room service at a nice hotel; other than that property taxes on my dad's house even though my older brother kept and spent all the money when the estate sold it.

7. cebu

cebu Member

Nice. recovered about 60%.

8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Haha, I was going to say ... go check out the Bitcoin thread and Discord chat.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I waited until right before the first polls closed on election night (in other words, right as the odds had narrowed as much as possible) to put $1500 on Hillary.

The way I see it, I purchased enough cynicism in American politics to last a few lifetimes.

Deckard likes this.
  11. Damion Laverne

She told me this sob story the day of the party:

- She waited until that day to get her hair and make-up done. ($150.00)
    - She found her dress ahead of time. ($120.00)
    - She texts me an hour before the party saying she's just NOW getting her hair done (apparently it was an appointment scheduled earlier that the stylist no-showed)
    - She then texts as I'm waiting at the party for her that her make-up artist spilled foundation all over the dress she was wearing, which apparently made her go nuclear and she then cancelled right after.
    - The tickets were non-refundable, so I couldn't just leave. ($362.58)

I could've been with a high-dollar w**** that night. The b--ch probably did just pocket my money. It's her loss, though. I met her through SeekingArrangement, so she's probably broke haha

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man... a couple of MLM bottom-of-the-pyramid candidates in this thread.

moestavern19 likes this.
  13. jbasket

jbasket Member

Well, this one time at band camp...

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Way too much unfortunately on something that did turn out way too good to be true. I was 29, gullible and down-right careless with a substantial amount of money. Recouped only 20% but I do feel that it happened so I wouldn't do something more damaging later in my life.

#54 sammy, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  15. theimpossibles1

So I met Bernie Madoff at an Enron meeting...

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I dropped a G there one night. Man I’d like to take that back :oops:

17. what

what Member

One cardinal lesson you should learn. If a chick wants to go out with you, you don't have to pay all of her **** for it to happen. Also, your best currency is talking.
    She rightly decided you were desperate and not worth her time.
    If you want that kind of a date, go to strip clubs and hand to a stripper you like and try to get to know her while you are paying for her time.

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I bought some Cisco stock at $74 (basically, it's peak) back during the Internet boom pre-2001 before the market crashed right after 9/11. Back then, everyone was going nuts over anything online start-ups. Then, it tanked and never recovered even to this day. I actually still own it. lol. But, it was only 20 shares. I also lost a hundred dollar bill more recently when it fell out of my pocket I think at a grocery store checkout when I pulled my wallet out. I was pissed for a few days after that one. I also spent around $8k trying to save an older dog with cancer because I wouldn't give up on her and she died anyway in the same amount of time she would have lived without the expensive treatments (you probably remember that thread from back in 2010). But, that's life. You win...you lose.

BigMaloe, jsingles and Nook like this.
  19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Bernie Madoff ripped people off by not investing in anything. That could have been an Apple meeting, a Bases Burgers in Crosby or just his office and your joke would have made more sense.

20. theimpossibles1

Wow. Slow day at work?