1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's taking so long?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kubli9, Jul 18, 2017.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe my memory is foggy but free agency seems to be dragging this year with many quality players still on the market. What gives?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

theres a lot of quality players still on the market?

3. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Delete. Thought this was another Melo thread and I made a rude comment. I have no insight to why.

Carry on

4. kubli9

Supporting Member

Maybe not stars, but decent players that I expected to be off the market by now. Rose, Noel, Plumlee, Mirotic, Muhammad, Tony Allen, Jamychal Green. Some of these guys are $10+ million a year players, I feel like they would have been signed already in years past before you see the vet min contracts being handed out.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

uhh which one of those guys would you pay $10 mil a year for. that's ridiculous besides maybe noel but hes a RFA. i wouldnt even give nearly that much to rose. outside of probably noel none of those guys are getting that much

6. kubli9

Supporting Member

I would have expected all of them outside of Tony Allen with today's salary cap. Solomon Hill makes $12 million! :eek:

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

well yeah we've seen there's dumb GM's across the league but with the exception of one player at the C position none of those guys are worth that much a year

8. kubli9

Supporting Member

Yep, wasn't saying they're worth it, just that I thought they'd get it.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

doubt it. most of the guys signing in that area would have already been coveted. those guys are just trying to find the right team to give them a spot at this point or in noels case, offers.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Everyone is waiting to see what value contract Nerlens Noel signs for, first.

Jontro and kubli9 like this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't even see a real landing spot for him. I think he might take the QO and try his luck next year as a UFA with the benefit of a season under Carlisle likely strengthening his value around the league.

I was counting on Brooklyn offering a big deal and the Mavs matching and then being hindered by that contract for the next 4 years.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  12. heypartner

Poor Noel. Cuban screwed him last year. Check this out.

"Noel fell one start short of meeting the starter criteria, which would have given him a $5,848,910 qualifying offer [vs the $4,187,599 QO)."

Jontro and YOLO like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That is some scumbag **** that would get Morey eviscerated here. Cuban does that a lot too, but it's Morey that is the guy with the reputation for treating players like assets

Jontro likes this.
  14. heypartner

Should be noted that Morey went out of his way to make sure DMo fulfilled starter criteria last year to get the higher QO....which was hard to do since it was an injury year. He had to get it based on average over the last two years.

DreamShook and opticon like this.
  15. opticon

opticon Member

Morey actually went out of his way to give DMO starts his final year hear so he would get his starters bonus. Hopefully Nerlans has a good agent and him to take the QO and bet on him self.

DreamShook likes this.
  16. kubli9

Supporting Member

I would have expected Noel to get a near max contract, Tyler Johnson got 4 years/$50 million!

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

rockets can has noel for cheap? what is thr minimum number that dallas is willing to part with him?