1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WHATABURGER

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmoney1101, Mar 25, 2013.

1. YourSecretLover

i live in SoCal and lived in texas in the past. ive been to both restaurants at 12pm and in n out is by far the busier one. 90% of the time lines are out the door and 60+ cars in the drive thru

2. YourSecretLover

food quality i would give to in n out, fresher ingredients. in n out is way more consistent.

whataburger is good but sometimes the food is great and sometimes its 'meh'

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

A double double just tastes like a big mac

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It's been good for every one of the over 500 times I've been there over the last 53 years, so that's pretty consistent.

5. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I give In-n-Out credit for their name because that is exactly what I did when I had it.

They just have a cult following for people who want to be cool like Cali bras.

A perfect place for a franchise here would be the Woodlands...They have the perfect identity crisis that people who like In n Out have.

6. Hmm

Hmm Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Growing up I would come to Texas twice a year and always wanted Whataburger right when I got off the plain.

Problem is this...... I love pickles. And I would always request to buy the small drink cup full of pickles. However, some whataburgers will do it and some will just refuse to give you any more than one small side of pickles per burger. I have run into this issue in a couple states now. The guy a few months ago told me it was "corporate law".

Agree with the person above that said sometimes Whatburger is great and then sometimes meh.

I am pretty much a five guys patron at this point. They have no problem putting 20 pickle slices on the top of the two meat patties and then 20 on the bottom. Plus, it is always high quality.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Whataburger's been going in on Twitter. Following lots of people who even mention Whataburger, including myself.

9. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Why don't you just buy pickles from the grocery store? They're usually crispier and better tasting anyway.

10. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Blah , I've had Carl's Jr it's really overrated. It's in the same level as Jack in Box.

11. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

why order whole wheat bun if you're going to be eating...whataburger.
    like i don't get ppl that go to a buffet and order a diet coke, yes cuz that's going to make your meal less bad.

12. Hmm

Hmm Member

Their sides and most of their menu, sure... but not the Guacamole Bacon Six Dollar Thickburger, not even close... even the Philly cheesesteak burger is better than any Jack in the box offering... and that one's a fair distance in quality to the GBSDT...

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Chick-fil-a is the busiest at lunch time here in Houston...like every time...there are massive lines

14. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

- A1 Thick n Hearty w/no onions
    - Chicken Strips w/ gravy
    - Onion Rings
    - Potatoe / Egg and Cheese, extra Potatoe
    - Honey Butter Chicken biscuit
    - Chocolate shake

Usually some combination of 2 or 3 from above, varying from time of day.

15. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Chop house cheddar burger, jalapenos instead of onions FTW

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's true, and that blows my mind because the food is perfectly mediocre.

17. Nero

Nero Member

If you have not yet had the Monterey Melt.. you haven't had their best yet.

It's pure crack.

I think I know where I'm going for lunch.

Now as for quality-of-food.. it depends on the location, doesn't it? It's the people working there, and the management. I think I have been fortunate because both the Whataburgers next to my work and home are both very well run, and the burgers and fries are always top shelf.

But I have been to occasional ones elsewhere, and it's hit-or miss.

Same with any of these other places.

There's a Carl's in the Copperfield area, and I have been there a couple times, and it's meh. I can imagine there are other locations where they are really good.

Last summer, went up to Dallas, and decided to try the fabled 'In n Out Burger'.. If you sat an In n Out burger next to a Whataburger, 100 times out of 100, I would reach for the Whataburger, and it's not even close.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Simmer down.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, if Dallas says it's good, it must be!

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Do you disagree? Their chicken sandwich and chicken nuggets/strips are very average. Maybe that's the wrong thing to buy there and there's something else that's actually good, but I've never had it.