1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

WHATABURGER

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmoney1101, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

So I’m spending a few weeks in Montana, and i decided to drive my son up to Calgary to see his old classmates from our time there. We stopped and ate a Fatburger meal in Okotoks (a bit south of Calgary). We stopped here dozens of times in the past while driving between Calgary and our place in Montana. I don’t want to denigrate Whataburger in any way whatsoever....I love them. But this Fatburger has to be consistently one of the best, if not the very best, burgers I’ve had in my 51 years. The fries are great too, and so are the chicken strips if that’s your thing. I don’t know if Fatburger is as good in California where they started, but if they are even half as good, I just can’t fathom how In-n-Out has achieved so much popularity when an infinitely better burger has been available in the same area.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fatburger is fantastic. It's much better than In-n-Out but also costs more money. That's the thing In-N-Out has going for it. It's a good burger (bad fries) for a very cheap price. Their shakes are also made with real ice cream. They are as good as it gets in a chain.

tinman likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

brother,
    I love Fatburger as well

Reminds of the 90s

It was good day

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Is the Chorizo Burger still on the menu?

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Had whataburger the other night for the first time in maybe 5 years.....it was delicious....that is all.

Surfguy likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Don't do it.

B-Bob and Snow Villiers like this.
  7. 713

713 Member

Sweet and Spicy Bacon burger is a great addition. Gives me the yum yumz

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Had one the night before last. Then followed up with a Five Guys Bacon Cheeseburger last night. Yea... that diet is working well...

9. Buck Turgidson

What's the sauce like (description other than sweet and spicy)? Is it pretty much bbq sauce?

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

11. Buck Turgidson

Looks like a tiny pickle.

12. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

It is not BBQ sauce. But it is good. Initially you get a lot of the sweet. about halfway through the burger (at least for me), the spicy kicks in. I sweat a little. So you definitely feel the spice, but it isn't over powering.

This is my favorite burger there right now.

13. Buck Turgidson

Nice. When I make my monthly Whataburger run I'll give it a try.

Also, since the ads at the bottom of the page made me think about it, is their Jalapeno Ranch any good? Litehouse (the jars in the refrigerated produce section of the grocery) is my go-to for dipping veggies and the occasional pizza slice, but I have to add the spicy to it.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I love a good burger but I just can't order one of these. Two patties...bacon...sweet and spicy sauce...two pieces of cheese...grilled onions...do you literally gain a pound from just eating one? I'm afraid to look at the nutrition specs. I want to see somebody eat one of these in a combo meal every day for two weeks with before and after photos. But, now that bug photo above has me creeped out. I don't usually take my burger apart and review it prior to eating...but I might start. Yikes!

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  15. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

It's not. I enjoyed it, but it was pretty much guaranteed to make you feel like **** afterward.

16. Buck Turgidson

What I did with my second Monterrey Melt was ask for only 1 patty and 1 slice of cheese (my 3rd I had them make it with chicken tenders instead of beef, highly recommended). I still barely finished it. It's Whataburger, the'll do it any way you want.

I do still wanna know about the jalapeno ranch.

17. Roscoe Arbuckle

FYI, the new batch of Spicy ketchup is worth checking out. I liked it much better than the first.

[​IMG]

ramotadab likes this.
  18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The "limited batch" thing was genius. Whomever came up with the idea of "limited batch, artisanal bespoke ketchup" as a thing deserves a serious raise. In 50 years we will be buying ketchup like vintage wine.

ramotadab likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. They got this from the hot sauce or cologne industry, I think. :D That being said, I've seen a few jars/bottles of the "artisinal" or "craft" ketchups out there. I have to admit, I've thought about trying Melinda's habanero ketchup, but never have. If I want spicy ketchup, I'll probably just get some ketchup and put some heat into it via peppers or scorpion/reaper dust. But then I'm not a huge ketchup eater, so I usually would rather the food itself be spicy.

Ottomaton and ramotadab like this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

So weird and coincidental the post above was posted almost 4 years ago in this thread. I noticed it creating my response above to Ottomaton's post. Then I go to Twitter and find this is trending today :