1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WHATABURGER

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmoney1101, Mar 25, 2013.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

In n out fries are literally fresh fried potatoes. That’s it. And that’s why some people don’t like them. They want processed crap.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

These fat asses will fall over themselves for a greasy over spiced heat attack of a whataburger and call it the best.

It's a Texas pride thing. Texas could literally take a **** on their doorstep and they'd put it on display and tell everyone how proud they are that Texas choose their house to take a **** on.

across110thstreet and el gnomo like this.
  3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

C'mon now. If you are trying to tell me In-N-Out fries are good, you can GIT OUT.

In-N-Out has a great burger --- their fries suck. Period, the end. If this offends someone and they want to turn it into a "you only like processed food!" argument, that's cool... but the fries still suck. Everybody knows it.

CallMeTheDream and Uprising like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Nah, Boy, I don't know what in the blue f**k you're talking about.

I'm only 43 btw.

ROCKSS likes this.
  5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Fresh fried potatoes from Five Guys: awesome.
    Fresh fried potatoes from In n out: not awesome.

6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Thais exactly right, there fresh but I have never liked the taste of In N Outs fries, they taste under-cooked and underwhelming to me......th

I agree, pretty darn good burger and shakes but the fries are horrible. I was in Ontario California a few weeks ago and made it a priority to go again and the concept of the fries are great, fresh, cut on site but the final product was less then stellar, almost like they were under-cooked and not seasoned.

arkoe likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Real french fries are great but you have to know how to cook them (use only Yukon Gold potatoes, soak them in water after you cut them up, dry them thoroughly, and you fry them twice, once about 325 and again about 375). In-N-Out's suck.

Uprising, FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Sound like a grumpy old man to me. Pretty sure you didn’t get around much growing up.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

my body can only get carbs from vegetables and my sweet allowed pleasure is a grapefruit. I'm done with fast food. Makes me feel like crap physically and emotionally.

arkoe likes this.
  10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Same here. My wife and I started the low carb diet a while back.

One day we stopped by a fast food place and had a moment of weakness. I was completely miserable the rest of the day. It reminded me how bad it made me feel.

11. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

This is a good point. Interesting that five guys fries aren't trash, but they use fresh potatoes as well.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

In-and-out doesn't cook their fries... at least not nearly enough. So they usually come cold, pale, and slimy. Almost worm line.

Another place I hate their fries... Chik Filet. Their waffle fries seem like gobs of uncooked (or at least unfried) and tasteless.

arkoe likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

In-and-Out fries are terrible.

Their burgers are better than the typical McDonalds or Wendys but nothing special.

14. across110thstreet

Order the in n out fries well done and they come out crispy.

Their burgers are better than shredded lettuce on wheat bun with mustard burgers they serve in the Texas chain

15. across110thstreet

Lol, look at 1 and 2 on this list.

The Texas chain comes in at 37 with a honey bbq chicken sandwich, “the James harden of fast food sandwiches”

https://fastfood.theringer.com/

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... well, they say opinions are like... everyone has one. I'd guess that IOB (gee, is "in and out" what happens with the food you eat there? They should advertise the rest rooms to reinforce that marketing!) covers up the fries with animal remains to improve the taste.

But ChikFilet waffles fries... I'd only eat them if they allowed me to bring in my own deep fat fryer to make sure they were thoroughly cooked. Say... not a bad idea...

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Animal fries are good

Grilled cheese w/ whole grilled onions isn't bad

their burgers are not good and plain fries are not good.

18. Buck Turgidson

Comical, boi. You have no idea.

19. Asian Sensation

Five guys fries ****ing suck. They have the potato, oil and cooking method down and they’re even liberal with the portions yet I don’t understand how everything can go so wrong.

The majority of the fries are all tiny crap end pieces that are burnt but somehow they’re not crispy. They’re saturated in oil and just looking at that greasy ass brown paper bag they come in makes me sick. That’s probably why they’re not crispy cause they’re drowning in oil.

People hate on In n outs fries and I can see why but I like them for the reasons most people hate them. They’re bland but in a good way to me. It’s light, simple and clean tasting. Not super greasy and doesn’t leave me with an oily, sodium induced gut bomb. I can actually taste the fresh potato flavor which I enjoy.

I also don’t like salt and or Cajun seasoning on fries. I’m weird like that. Ketchup is a must doe.

20. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

It's fine that you like them; to each his own. I like bean burritos from taco bell........but if I was arguing a point about mexican food, I'd have the good sense to keep my love of a taco bell product hidden.

NewRoxFan likes this.