1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Stros4me, Feb 1, 2019.

?

Which option would you prefer going into the season?

1. Sign Harper to a 4-6 year deal (high AAV).

21 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Trade Martin, Bukauskas, Kemp, Stassi and Perez for Realmuto.

20 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. Sign Keuchel to a 3 year deal (17+ per year).

7 vote(s)
    9.0%
  4. Stand pat and keep our options open until the trade deadline.

30 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Did he really say that? What was the context? I can’t even fathom

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It is a well known Clutchfan's quote concerning Bagwell when he had the bum shoulder (except he needed to learn to throw left handed)

EDIT - here is the post

"Bagz was awesome.

But...I was always curious as to why he didn't just learn to throw left handed?

DD"

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Option 2, but like most I don't believe that to be an actual option.

I'd consider the Keuchel deal, since it isn't my money, but I can't say that is the best use of $17M .

4. HatsForBats

HatsForBats Member

If any signings keep us from keeping Springer I'm not on board. Springer is usually our best performer in the playoffs only beat my Berkman in a few stats.

5. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I think "outrageous" money is not gonna happen at this point. It will either long term around 25 to 28 per or it will be 2 to 3 years with a player option around 30 to 35 per yr (still outrageous but I really doubt he gets 40).

6. astros123

astros123 Member

you wouldnt offer harper 4/150? Cmon i think most people forget that harper is still only 26. Stop comparing him to Cabera/pujols shitty contracts

7. HatsForBats

HatsForBats Member

I wouldn't say he has performed anywhere close to them either. So no.

8. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

One of the best quotes on the Astros forum. The Carlos Delgado one is still #1 to me though. 9/11. Never forget what Carlos Delgado did.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I'm not comparing the players and their ages (and if we are being honest, Pujols and Cabrera were both better players than Harper anyways), more just saying that I feel like the market has spoken. I dont think a 4 yr deal is realistic. I'd say 2 to 3 years with player options putting him back in free agency before the age of 30 is more likely than 4 yrs.