1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What were Kobe's thoughts on Russell Westbrook?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Siu0410, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Siu0410

Siu0410 Member

Just had a few days off and managed to read Kobe's book in its entirety, The Mamba Mentality: How I Play.
    Thought there wouldn't be a more opportune time to share the Mamba's thoughts on our MVP.

On Russell Westbrook:

"If he picks up the ball, I'm going to yank at his arm a little bit but enough for him to feel it. Tricks of the trade that the ref can't see. Then his battle would be with the officials instead of me."

"It was hard, though, especially when he was coming at full speed. Like LeBron, when Russ got a head of steam it was a problem, so I had to jam him up as soon as our team shot the ball."

"Russell Continues to evolve; he is a constant learner. This past year, when he was 29, he came to Orange County, and we would work out for 5 hours at 5 AM. At that age, most guys in the league think they know it all. He wanted to work on his post-game, on footwork in the post. He realized that was the next step in his evolution and the key to his longevity."

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Kobe ain't wrong, Westbrook is great in the post. I wish Harden would use his postgame when he's cold from the 3.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

interesting though I haven’t read any reactions from both harden and Westbrook. According to your post him and Russ seemed on good terms. Perhaps they’re grieving silently and will issue a statement at some point. But nothing on their social media as of this morning while several high profiled players and close friends have spoken on the issue.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Everyone takes something like this in different ways. There could be 100 different reasons for this. Doesn't mean anything.

Patience and napalm06 like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

They are both LA boys, they loved Kobe.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Never mind. An SI article just came out saying a harden deeply affected.

#7 Stephen_A, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I mean even if he hated Kobe what do you think he would say other than that? Nah bro I think Kobe sucks? Expect the same answer from every player. Might as well copy and paste IRL.

9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Who knows that’s just the nature of reporting and journalism. Who knows if a quote is genuine or someone trying to deceive. My point was I just thought it was interesting and peculiar our 2 stars have been mum and not even interviewed instead rivers and EG were asked to reflect on Kobe.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Kobe not becoming a analyst shill allowed him to become The Godfather of this generation’s players.

He didn’t have to talk trash to become controversial, but with his personality you knew his words were real.

It’s not hard to see why his absence rocked the league, moreso than a fat Shaq choking on a giant gummy bear, thereby robbing us of a five minute bloopers reel.

D-rock likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member