1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is your Realistic Target for a taxpayer MLE free agent this offseason.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, May 28, 2019.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

JJ Redick .. Morey went for him a couple of years ago. His play style would blend well with everyone on the team and you dont have to blow it all up for one guy.

2. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I’m assuming the plan is trade Capela to Celtics

Then do a opt in sign with butler that includes nene and Gordon (not sure If trading shump helps or hurts in this scenario)

For Jordan I’d imagine they will try tax payer mle but if we traded Capela then full mle and hard capping might be necessary

3. alethios

alethios Member

So is Luxury Tax Savings.

jcf likes this.
  4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Quit stressing - we will have our pick of players willing to accept a small portion of the MLE to become trade fodder at the deadline.

5. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Rudy Gay would be a great get for the taxpayer MLE. Can play the 3 and 4, create his own shot and is a lengthy defender. Plus, PJ approves of his fashion choices

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I have a feeling a lot of people will end up disappointed by our MLE signing, i read a lot of names that are pretty much guaranteed to get at least a no tax MLE imo.

7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Julius Randle

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The last two seasons Redick has made $23m and $12M and he's coming off of an 18 ppg season. Its doubtful that he could be signed for less than $6m.

justtxyank likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

which is exactly why our front office had no business hyping up the fanbase for no reason. fireworks and 3rd stars!

Corrosion, Vivi and justtxyank like this.
  10. aelliott

Same as Redick. He made $8.6m last season and is coming off of a 21 ppg season on 6p% TS%.

Hard to imagine him signing for less than $6m.

11. aelliott

I dont think think they intended to use MLE to acquire a 3rd star. That would require a trade of some sort.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

There should be just 1 target for MLe: Austin Rivers.

There's a lot of uncertainty with the Rox with Cp3, EG and Capela rumors but no matter what Rivers needs to stay on the team, he fills a lot of the holes and can def play well with Harden, EG and Cp3 so he neess to stay no matter who gets traded or comes in the team.

ksny15 and JD88 like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Beverly is extremely injury prone has he had a complete season without any injury yet? I was a big fan of the dude but if you bring him back thats just asking for trouble

RocketTheory and pippendagimp like this.
  14. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

If we can make space Jimmy Butler, I'm sure Randle can be had

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why don't you take less pay from your company I'm sure they'd appreciate a couple grand back from you. While you're at it why dont you start donating money tithes to charity and do some good for the world?

The reality is it's pretty easy to tell others to make less when its not your money. Its players' choice to take a discount but other people have no right to tell them to take less money than they can. I certainly wouldnt want complete strangers telling me to take less money than I'm able to at my job wtf

Reeko likes this.
  16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

well what a clever little retort, once again you stomp your foot proudly on this bbs proclaiming to be the smartestest -- bravo good man!

17. aelliott

No, just pointed out the obvious. The statement that you replied to was regarding the MLE which has nothing to do with acquiring a star.

I'm pretty sure that most everyone already knew that so I'm not sure why that would make me smart.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

pointed out the obvious that you're pretty sure most everyone already knew. thx for the assist my good man smh

19. aelliott

The thread is about MLE targets. Were you not suggesting Randall for the MLE?

20. aelliott

The reply was directed to you, who made the comment. Not to those who already knew.