1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if the season is over?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by buzz1701, Apr 3, 2020.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

It would only be bad because it means D’antoni will stay...

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Honestly the Capela trade looks smarter now. With this season being done and not mattering next year we can go get a center that fits and become a contender all over again lol.

3. vick

vick Member

It means that Harden didn't fold up like a cheap suit again in the playoffs.

4. BigBum

BigBum Member

Not good, players are too old, and cut more cost next year.

Window is not very big.

Tilman makes 130 million in two years, refused to spend more.

hoe about losing 130 million?

5. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

1. Fire MDA, Find Phil Jackson as our coach
    2. Find another super star to form big 3
    3. Upgrade the center starter and backup position
    4. sign Big dick and Gernald Green
    5. Cut those people who just sit on the bench

6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Scarily, I wouldn't be surprised if that very thing was discussed.

if they REALLY thought about it...they'd have FANS of each team go at it....more fan involvement, and probably fans out there who are better at it.

7. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Joey Dorsey?

Von Rafer and daywalker02 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No worries, Corona or not people are not attending, no need to cut them.

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

My hope is that they'd come back next season with a renewed love for the game and actually tried every time they got on the court.

Wishful thinking.

10. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

Trump said this morning he wants the pro sports teams to start up in August or September. Well isn't that when the NBA would be starting for the new season?

This season is done...best the Rockets could do was the 6th seed...

11. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Trump also said two weeks ago that most all of the country could stop sheltering at home on Easter (one week away). So we'll just have to wait and see how many other States follow New York's high infection rate before any long term plans can even be speculated about.

MrSabotage likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

People aren’t concerned about the NBA crowning a champion. Games haven’t been played in a long time, effectively the season is over and any efforts to shove in a post season will be incredibly anti climatic.

Even the efforts of the NBA and ESPN to broadcast a “HORSE” tournament with every player separately quarantined is incredibly lame.

The only reason the league hasn’t officially called the season is a handful of owners like TF (that cannot really afford to own a franchise) are flipping out and the players don’t want to forfeit part of their salary.

It is time the league just formally accept their fate and we all move on.

I am a Donut and malakas like this.
  13. BigBum

BigBum Member

Trade value
    need young player like Kuzma, Shamet,
    Need Wolves first pick.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tilman flipping out because he is broke is entertainment these days.

CK Johnson and malakas like this.
  15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I literally disagree with every aspect of this paragraph.

You're entitled to your opinion, absolutely, but can you do it without speaking for everybody else?

Nook and daywalker02 like this.
  16. BigBum

BigBum Member

As of now
    6th seed Rockets
    7th seed Mavs
    9th seed Blazers
    10th seed Pelicans
    15th seed GSW

Not willing to pay luxury tax = 9th seed next year

Pelicans, Mavs and GSW can win more games next year.

#36 BigBum, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  17. Nook

Nook Member

I am giving my opinion based on the majority of people I have spoken to that are fans and some that work in one way or another with basketball.

Just because that is my observation doesn’t mean I am right, nor does it mean I speak for everyone.

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Understood, I was just pushing back on the "people aren't concerned..." part. There are definitely some people (myself included) that are, ha.

It's easy to forget, but we're still in the first month of all this (as far as the U.S. impact). I'll buy that right now, with the numbers still spiking, a lot of people may be in some phase of shock or sadness. I can see some folks thinking the joy of sports isn't appropriate at the moment, given everything else going on.

But give it a month or two, once the first wave declines... we're probably going to be in this weird spot where the day-to-day numbers aren't that bad, yet we're still not doing normal routines because of the potential of another outbreak, if we do. If we can get basketball in empty gyms and finish out what's been a fascinating season, I'd be thrilled. I'm not ready to mope and cancel life until there's a vaccine, which might well be 2022.

I could be wrong, but I suspect if you poll the same people you talked to in a month, some may feel differently. We'll see.

Nook likes this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’m one of those that are very pessimistic that something like that will happen, but like you, I’d be thrilled if it did. I’ve had League Pass since ‘99, and late at night, my DVR is whispering, “where are the Rockets?”

20. malakas

malakas Member

I stopped caring about the NBA season , 2 weeks before games were suspended.

When I don't know if I or my family will get to live or die and if we will have a job to go back to and bread on our table, the least of my concern is who is the NBA champion.

Well I guess if Tilman is forced to sell that will only bring a smile to my face.

I am a Donut likes this.