1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Do When You Get The Wrong Persons Mail?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by astros148, Feb 1, 2009.

1. astros148

astros148 Member

i know you're suppose to dorp it back in the outgoing mail, but do you call the post office n tell them it happened. today i got some dudes mail who doesnt even live in my neighboorhood, it had all of his tax info, CC statements, kinda scary cuz we're good ppl n we would never do anything, but damn i dont want that person delivering mail anymore.

2. Poloshirtbandit

I usually just take it to the correct address myself (it's usually for the next street over, similar names). I used to put back in the mailbox with a note, but they never pick it up.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Write "RETURN TO SEND" (just like that) on the front and drop it back in the mail. If you keep getting somebody else's mail consistently, then I would contact USPS.

4. TheBigAristotle

If it's money, valuables, or credit cards then I keep it. If not, it goes back to the recipient.

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I always get my neighbor's mail and my neighbor gets mine... (226 vs 229) Our carrier is slow in the head.

We trade mail quite often.

6. Precision340

Precision340 Member

yep.. someone is half-assing on the job

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If it is not for a known neighbor, I write "wrong address" on the envelope and put it back in the mail box.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

took someone's mail to them once that was accidentally sent to us. they slammed the door in my face after grabbing the mail out of my hands without a word, much less a thanks. i hope for their sake that no more important mail for them is delivered to us (or to my old address, since my roommate there witnessed the entire thing).

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If you do that, the mail will go back to the person that sent it. They will get back the mail with absolutely no idea why it was returned to them.