1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Strong rumors of this one being available on a major exchange from next week on, in case some want to buy low now:
    https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/enigma-project/

Currently below ICO price because they got hacked initially, but a really good team (some of the best MIT guys who have been working on SAP etc and started other successful ventures).

LongTimeFan likes this.
  2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Thanks for passing along the rumor. Picked up a few on a gamble -- you get these from a paid group or telegram channel?

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not sure this link works, but I'm on a discord that has free channels and also a premium subscription in case you want even better stuff:
    https://discord.gg/sFDyka

Many of these guys are 24/7 traders, some professional, so you'll see a lot of inside info and also cchart analaysis, predictions etc.
    Some of the recent examples are the XLM pump, the discord knew about the IBM partnership one week before it got out. I'm only on the free channels of that discord, but they'll still throw out freebies (told us about the XLM thing a few minutes before news broke, I sadly slept through my German timezone and missed the first 50% pump).

Other than that one, I'm also constantly skimming twitter, youtube, reddit etc.

This one for example is a nice youtube channel, guy also called the XLM-IBM thing beforehand and repped other coins before they pumped.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHop-jpf-huVT1IYw79ymPw/featured

4. LongTimeFan

That's what I've been using but I'm starting to suspect a lot of those posts are for pumps. Caught the top of the pump one too many times...

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Definitely, but there are a few good ones that don't shill a single coin and also give you good inside, like the YouTube guy I mentioned.
    Did the discord link work?

6. LongTimeFan

Yeah, I'm playing around with it -- haven't used it before, getting the hang of it

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I use the app when on my phone, the mobile browser version feels terrible. My discord user name is Timbama, just to let the brehs know.

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I just recently bought some bitcoins.. can anyone care to lend a few tips on how to build a nice portfolio to start with? Feel free to message me on your inputs! TY

9. jbasket

jbasket Member

Firstly, I would recommend to not do short term trading. If you buy, just hold it. I made that mistake to try trading; don't be me. Trust me.

Secondly, general splits can revolve around give/take (from what I've heard):

40-50% BTC,
    15-20% ETH
    15-20% LTC
    And the rest in alt(s).

Which alts? I'm currently in Neo and Ark, but don't listen to me on this and look into it yourself.

10. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Nice, thank you.

I’ve been listening to a few podcasts and also using the bit of info from @Yung-T

Thanks!

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The ones he mentioned are definitely a solid start and low risk. Add other ones when you get more used to the crypto scene and hav done a bit of research, the Discord I mentioned etc are a good start.

Tonaaayyyy likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Btw, BTC just hit a new all-time high.

Tonaaayyyy likes this.
  13. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Sorry, newb question here... what are the apps you are using to buy / sell?

I’m using Coinbase and I just bought some bitcoins. Would this be the only app (mobile) I can use for starting up? What are some apps that you would suggest? Sorry if you’ve mentioned this before - topics here are hard to find. Thanks in advance!

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm using Bittrex and Binance to trade altcoins for btc and vice-versa. No app, but the mobile versions are user-friendly.

jbasket and Tonaaayyyy like this.
  15. LongTimeFan

Will surpass $6k and stay high until at least 10/25.. I'm personally expecting it to drop either after 10/25 or 11/1... and then back up again a week or so later with Segwit2x HF coming.

Coinbase adds fees to your purchases -- for example, if the price of $BTC is $5,100.00, you will buy from Coinbase for $5,150.00 (hypothetical not exact).

I would recommend buying off Gdax (same company as Coinbase, free transfers between the two) using the limit buy -- market buy adds a premium like coinbase does. Coinbase is great for people who are just starting and need an easy way to buy crypto -- but they add fees into that convenience. Watching a quick 5 min youtube on GDAX limit trading will save you some $.

Coinbase (and GDAX) limit you to BTC, ETH, and LTC. You can join other exchanges (Bittrex, Binance) to be able to trade for other coins (NEO, ARK as mentioned previously, for example).

Yung-T and Tonaaayyyy like this.
  16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

$100 billion!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jbasket and Yung-T like this.
  17. jbasket

jbasket Member

I'm not able to get the discord thing man, how would I go about it?

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Just download the app on your phone and then join that server he linked to.

Jk I just noticed the invite expired.

Maybe @Yung-T can send another.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

20. jbasket

jbasket Member