1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

what's yalls opinion on ethereum? hit 340 today, you think it can hit 500 by the new year?

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Currently no one is able to make any solid predictions, I'm constantly chatting on a discord and even real insiders get killed in their predictions daily.

In general you're good to go though, this market is in its baby shoes. Bitcoin, ethereum etc still have a ton of growth potential and are expected to multiply in value these next few years.
    Best bet for beginners is to think about this as a long-term investment and to not worry about daily trades or temporary dips/highs.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nobody knows. This is straight up gambling... except with gambling at least there's some type of odds. With these things, who knows. lol.

4. pd_

pd_ Member

Yeah I agree - just stay long and you'll see some good returns unless you're into some crappy coins and didn't do any research

Anyone in on ChainLink? Read about it and it seems pretty good and undervalued right now with a big conference to display their product.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I’m going to buy back in big on Litecoin. I’ll day trade with that and try to cover up my dumb ass decision to cash out. Litecoin was really good to me before.

A friend of mine made several thousand on something called Golos Coin a couple days ago. I hate myself right now.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You should be good with LiteCoin, promising project and lot of backing. The recent BTC rise lead to the rest of altcoins decreasing in value a lot, but they should bounce back now. A good day for altcoins already.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Other than eth/Litecoin, are there other altcoins you like? I realize this is a loaded question due to the market etc, but am curious what you think.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

From what I gathered in discord channels and insider info: XRP, XMR, ARK, NEO, OMG, MTL (I looove the concept and rumoredly Virgin will announce a partnership soon, https://www.metalpay.com ).
    A personal pick of mine: ADA (former ETH CEO, great development team and tech). Currently low value, but high upside to me.

saitou and CCity Zero like this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Heard good things about it, solid pick.

10. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Depends on how you acquired it. My understanding is that if you mined it, it would be treated as ordinary income, whereas if you bought it off someone else it's treated as a capital gain (or loss).

I got a kick out of this:

[​IMG]

Hakeemtheking, B-Bob and CCity Zero like this.
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Thanks so much, I'm definitely going to look at these.

12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

These kind of questions go nowhere. There's nothing that'll tell you that.

Do this, put in as much as you can afford to lose, and ride it out. I dollar cost average among these 3 crypto's. Been good to me, so far. I'll cash out when it hits a peak.

SIL

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

What is going on with GNT. This is one of the few that have some practical usage with a great team.

I have a low opinion on NEO. I dont think XRP is a good long term investment. XMR seems more like a novelty. MTL seems to have some promise.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My deepest thanks to the US government, Senator McCain and Senator Lieberman for pushing Visa, MasterCard, Payal, AmEx, Mooneybookers, et al, into erecting an illegal banking blockade against <a href="https://twitter.com/wikileaks?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@WikiLeaks</a> starting in 2010. It caused us to invest in Bitcoin -- with &gt; 50000% return. <a href="https://t.co/9i8D69yxLC">pic.twitter.com/9i8D69yxLC</a></p>&mdash; Julian Assange (@JulianAssange) <a href="">October 14, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yung-T likes this.
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Golem was seen as a great investment initially, but is barely mentioned by traders and holders anymore.

The coins I mentioned are what the vast majority of crypto experts and insiders I know from discords, Wall Street and other channels are favouring.

If you think Ripple isn't a good investment, you may be very surprised by the next announcements of XRP partnerships, some of the biggest financial institutions will be announced as partners soon.
    This project has probably the best backing in the whole crypto space, you'll see soon.

Neo has absurd potential because of Asia, especially China and will be added to one of Korea's biggest exchanges in a bit.

XMR also with one of the most solid techs and great backing.

I'm just relaying what experts and insiders are repping, in the end you have to make your own decision of course.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The feeling when you wake up and see you missed a 60% XLM pump, which was foreseen in your discord. :confused::oops::mad:

17. Roscoe Arbuckle

Oh, come now. This thing is more Berkshire Hathaway than a fading trend. And I say this being in the finance industry for 25+ years.

18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

It's very interesting as it has an actual real world application today beyond just being a store of value, but the circulating supply (38.5bil) vs total supply (99bil) scares me. Am I wrong to be worried about this? Is there a set emissions schedule?

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

A small amount of XRP is burned with every transaction.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No one is saying it's a fading trend (depending on what "it" is). But which cryptos are going to win out? And will it be one that's currently public or multiple ones. Once one or two take hold, assuming Bitcoin isn't one, what happens to the stock in the one you're left holding? I can easily see cryptocurrency being the future, but gambling on which one is where the crapshoot is.

DudeWah likes this.