1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Beijing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rua2006, Feb 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. rua2006

rua2006 Member

Yao is the face of the Olympic games this year in China. Does he make it there? If so, do we want him to and risk his 2008-2009 season? It's so important to a nation of a billion people that he plays in those games. I believe he needs to. Do you think he'll make it? 4 months of healing allows for activity in June or July. This cuts it close.

2. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

he shouldn't play this summer at all.

3. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

he WILL play. he has to.

i really dont care. all i know is no yao this year.

4. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

The Chinese team sucks. Yao is hurt. China is crazy. Yao has to play. Yao's foot falls off. China screws us all.

5. FFz

FFz Member

its the most important sporting event in the history of chinese sports. How can you expect the most popular sports athlete in chinese history to not participate? the hearts of 1 billion people are with yao.

6. bucket

bucket Member

It's up to Yao. If he's healthy, he'll play. Hopefully, he'll listen to the doctors if he's really not healthy and shouldn't play, but these Olympics are so important to him. He's been built up as the face of the 2008 Olympics, and it would be a shame if he had to miss them.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am sure Yao will play. But the question is, will his foot be healed up enough in time? Or will he be "rushed back" to play, perhaps further derailing the Rockets 2008-09 season as well as the rest of Yao's career. That's the real question.

8. bronx43

bronx43 Member

Almost makes me wish this injury happened in April. If Yao has to get injured, I'd rather it give him an entire summer of rest.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He will play.....it is important to Yao....and to China.

I just hope he is fully recovered by then.

DD

10. bronx43

bronx43 Member

China will get destroyed regardless of Yao. I hope he ISN'T fully recovered by then. I hope it's not even close.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully he does not play, He could really use a full 6 months to recover....

12. rocketsmetalspd

We know how much the Olympics mean to Yao and China. I am sure he will play and I hope this will be his last tournment in the CNT. He should be allowed to retire from the CNT and let the younger players get ready for 2012 games.

13. FFz

FFz Member

And i bet chinese national team fans would almost wish that the injury happened in janurary.

14. poprocks

poprocks Member

You got gymnasts competing with broken feet. You got all kinds of athletes competing in the olympics with injuries because it's a once in a lifetime opportunity that only comes once every 4 years. Forget it. Yao plays and if his foot falls off we are screwed.

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Well said!

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wonder if it happened when Yi stepped on his foot.......

What would CNT fans think then? Yi hurt Yao.

DD

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because I don't want to see Yao get hurt. If the hearts of 1 billion are with Yao then I think health would and should be the first concern....

18. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

There's clearly a conflict of interest. As a Rockets fan, I couldn't give a crap whether Yao plays for the Olympics team.

I know it's important to Yao, but it's important to him because that's how he has been taught. Fake patriotism.

Besides, basketball is not the mainstay of the Olympic games. Track and Field, water sports, soccer are all more important to the Olympics. I think basketball was not added to the Olympics until very recently.

It will be USA 150 points vs X 90 points

19. Seth

Seth Member

Morey will have to show great determination and get Yao not to play on the Olympics, look at what happened to Garbajosa (of Spain) for rushing his back with the NT.

I donĀ“t think he will be able to play anyway.

20. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

I believe the Doctor said that it was his other foot that was hurt in the Milwaukee game.