1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well, At Least Morey Tried

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaselineFade, Feb 22, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess Morey is a pretty good fit here, but he has made tons of mistakes this offseason.

I dun think there is a better fit out there, but a change of scenery could at least make things interesting again.

You'll never know until you try though. I would still give him a couple of years. Harden's prime so what?

It's definitely harder to evaluate GMs than players, you could go with accolades or number of successful trades. It's not the same.

steddinotayto likes this.
  2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Random guy off the street? Ok

How about a new GM with a new philosophy. I have a really hard time watching and enjoying our current brand of basketball. If we were winning, i might be able to stomach it but we aren’t. We have arguably the best player in the game and we lose to **** teams regularly. The defense is terrible. The personnel doesn’t mesh right. Morey is incredibly overrated.

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Every year?

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

What philosophy are you talking about? GSW, Dallas and Spurs have the same philosophy as the Rockets. If you watch Milwaukee and Raptors now they akso have the same philosophy as the Rockets which is high pace, focus on 3s and drives in the paint.

David Kahn had a new philosophy that didn't work out for the Timberwolves. Just because something is new doesn't mean it would be effective. The Jazz fired Sloan in favor of somebody with a new philosophy did that work for them? Lol

HP3 likes this.
  5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

GSW have the same philosophy? Not really. They do have a MUCH better roster than us and have had a better roster every year. They score more creatively and they arent nearly as stationary with the iso like the rockets are. Durant kills us with the mid range jumper, not as much with the 3.

The Rockets play a horrible style of predictable, stationary basketball. It’s horrible. I have been a Rocket fanatic since 1981. I have been there through all the good and bad times since then. This team pkays with no fire. I am convinced that they don’t give a f...

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

You know what the dumbest thing about firing Morey is?

It's too late. Harden is 29 yrs old and Cp3 already has a 4 year deal. If your goal is to replace Morey so you don't waste Harden's prime then its already too late to experiment with somebody unknown. Secondly what can this new GM do when the Rox already committed all their salary to Clint, Harden and Cp3 for the forseeable future? Rockets don't even have their pick next year sp even if somehow Tillman hired the god of all drafters he won't have any pick to draft with.

Y'all should have campaigned to fire Morey LaST YEAR, when the owner changed y'all should have demanded Tillman to bring his own guy whoever that is.

RocketOrg likes this.
  7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

There’s no campaign. He is just overrated and I hope he isn’t here too much longer.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah ok Durant takes no 3s just mid range shots....thats why he takes 5 threes a game for reference Cp3 takes 5.9 threes a game get outta here.

The only difference as you said is GSW has 3 HOF shooters Rockets have vet mins and one guy making 18M. When you have KD spotting up then obviously the offense will be more dynamic. We have Gerald Green you can't expect him to run around like KD or Klay Thompson.

9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Wow. Had to stop after your first sentence.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

See, all Im seeing you suggest is changing things for the sake of it. Lets fire Dantoni for the sake of it. People in here just want to throw crap at a the wall just to see what sticks and really evaluate what the problem is.

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Ok and the rest of this post just proves how badly morey has done surrounding his star player as opposed to what the warriors have done.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah and when Tillman replaces Morey with some guy worse then you'll cry eveb more.

As "overrated" as Morey is he is better than some random guy Tillman brings in. Isn't everyone saying Tillman is broke and wants to save cash? You think that guy will bring in somebody who will make trades to win at all costs? LOL!

Morey has already been on the job for 9 years, he has a lot of experience already replacing him with some unknown guy is like firing somebody at the office who has done his role for 9 years for a fresh grad who is completely inexperienced.

You think the work will be better or worse? By the time the new guy understands wtf is going on Harden's prime has passed and you have wasted it which is what you were trying to prevent in the first place.

HP3 likes this.
  13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

It’s not our job to correct all the Rockets issues. We are fans. Nothing is dumber than the obligatory “well what would YOU do then” post. Ugh.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

But you can't hire the Warriors now can you? Warriors ownership is richer than Tillman so what are you gonna do?

This is like saying your wife isn't as gorgeous as Miranda Kerr so what? If you divorce your ugly ass wife will Miranda come knocking at your front door? Lol!

If Tillman can get Bob Myers, Steve Kerr and their entire FO I would be the first wanting to fire Morey. But obviously Tillman can't do that so all this is just pointless complaining.

15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Maybe try a new philosophy or not tie up your future in an old guy with a bad hammy.

Also, the coach sucks too. He’s definitely part of the problem.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

New philosophy doesn't mean better try again.

Going to work riding a unicycle is a new way to go to work doesn't mean you will arrive faster than if you take a commute.

Also you are already locked with the guy with bad hammy so if thats your objective changing the GM wont change that.

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Yeah. I get that we are locked into his terrible decision. See if a better GM can steer us out of this mess.

18. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

You homers need to stop defending Morey. He has A LOT of faith to regain.

19. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro it always come across like you hate everyone in our organization if it was up to you, you would clean house of everyone. Is there anyone you like?

roslolian likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

MDA does not even shoulder the most responsibility here.

Sure, his head is like a giant bullseye if things go south but Morey is the puppet master here.

Yet we are not the Pelicans who just tossed Demps away because Davis wanted out.

I think at least Morey has some job security (but I am not sure if Fertitta will be a loose cannon) here because he did what he was asked to do.

Get the team under the tax as much as possible.

Just put those fan perspectives aside, nobody's job is 100% secure now.

#60 daywalker02, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    HP3 likes this.