1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Should Grab Dez

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Coach E, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz gonna come down upon you like lightening from the heavens. https://theinsidezone.com/football-101-offensive-personnel

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Pretty far down on the list of things I care about is where people make fun of me because I think much of the football glossary is stupid. It's a running joke on the Dan Patrick Show. Today, they were trying to decide what this years buzz word will be during the draft. I think they settled on "bridge quarterback".

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Sure, but your rant loses steam when you don't understand what you're ranting about.

joshuaao likes this.
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I honestly hadn't heard it before...or at least don't remember hearing it. I played as a kid and have watched thousands of games and every week, there's a term that I hadn't heard and sounds nonsensical.

csj likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

NFL fan just wants their Bud Light and country music opening. Doesn't want them BIG, FANCY yankee words.

red5rocket likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

a little surprised by this.. I would have thought a team would want to sign him before the draft (That would kinda of eliminate the need to draft a WR and use your resources elsewhere) although this move actually gives the texans a better sign in signing him (i think his market is shrinking)
    Also that would give Deandre Hopkins some time to recruit him this weekend (i read somewhere they will be at the same football camp (runned by Aqib Talib) in north Texas

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I think it’s teams not wanting to change their draft board. If they can find a productive player on a rookie contract, why not draft them instead of paying a veteran past his prime $12+ on a 1-2 year deal

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I would bite maybe for a one year deal that doesn't hamper us in the future. I assume he would play nice between our players but not sure about OB and his personality but for one year it is worth a shot. I don't expect much this season but we should grow and see who we should keep for a run next season in DW4's year 3 similar to how the Rams are going all out in year 3 with Jared Goff before their whole cap gets turned upside down. Year 3 and 4 with a Franchise rookie QB is where you want to be legit contenders since it will get that much more difficult to compete with a QB taking up a 1/4 of your cap.

Also, we just need a high talent draft picks so we can restock next year and the year after that so Dez could either be a stopgap for one year or if we like what he brings we can go ahead and sign him for 2-3 more years if it makes sense. I don't really trust him but it would be entertaining.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'd be fine with a medium one year deal but not a big one year deal. Cap savings DOES roll over.

red5rocket likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

More than a decent offer. Lucrative offer. Around the Michael Crabtree, actually a little more than Michael Crabtree would have made with the Ravens. A multi-year deal. He wanted a one-year deal to go out & kill it in 2018 & cash in in future years.

13. Remix

Remix Member

Dez wants a 1 year deal, Texans have cap space and WR concerns....

red5rocket likes this.
  14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing more than $10 mil

15. Coach E

Coach E Member

Well we should find out this weekend, drafting a WR before the 7th round would be a bad sign.

16. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Hopkins is going to recruit him this weekend.. they both will attend Aqib Talib's Camp
    some kind of Camp in North Texas= the below will attend

COACHED BY CURRENT NFL STARS:
    • Aqib Talib
    • Richard Sherman
    • Marcus Peters
    • Dez Bryant
    • Deandre Hopkins
    • A.J. Bouye
    • Mike Evans
    • Marshon Lattimore
    • and others!

UTSA2step and coachbadlee like this.
  17. seank1986

seank1986 Member

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

That’s us

Fulgore likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I got a feeling he is going to ask for too much.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member