1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

we can derail the warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

I don't care about the media narrative, cause they will always spin it in warriors favor and downplay the rockets.. I just know about the personal one inside warriors head and that's the one I care about.. (we know we have a lot of real state in Steph and Kerrs head " quoting Embiid" with steph flashing 13 after a tripple step back, and Kerr referencing Harden and Rockets alot) if we sweep them being the only team to sweep them in the last five years in a four game sweep, this will play with their minds, and if they go to OKC, and end up losing to the two teams they hate to lose the most, essentially going on a three game losing streak fully healthy.. this could fully open the wound with in fighting and finger pointing and when you have combustible personalities like Draymond and even KD to a certain extent you really cant control that chaos..

Now obviously there are ifs and buts in that statement.. Warriors can come out pissed after an embarrasing home loss to the suns and beat us, and it would be really hard to sweep them, but I would bet on us.. and Westbrook always brings his A game against KD.. so all we can do is hope it transpires this way.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

hope you keep this same energy no matter the results Wednesday because, the sky is falling team is definitely chomping at the bit if the rockets come up short Wednesday. they've been waiting throughout this entire streak

3. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Number wise with remaining games left, we do certainly have that chance.

4. smokieethabear

Correction to the title:

we will derail the warriors

ISOBall, whiskeyred, kevcai and 9 others like this.
  5. Voltik

Voltik Member

Win or lose Wednesday, we have definitely outplayed the Warriors without one of our superstars on each of the past 2 games. It would have been the same in last year playoffs if it weren’t for the zebras blatantly being one sided in Game 6 and 7..

6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

As much as I would love to win tomorrow, the bigger setting is obviously in the playoffs. This years playoffs will be far more difficult than last years, and the Thunder and Blazers are both vastly improved (I am not worried about the Nuggets at all and hope we face them). The best shake out for us would be for the Warriors to have to face the Thunder and the Blazers and the Clippers in the first round, or at least one of those two, and for us to get the Nuggets, but if history is any indicator, they will probably get an easy draw like they always do.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The goal is to derail everyone else.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the worriers are not a train they're a tesla about to self-ignite

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Goal is dominate everyone, especially GSW.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

sure you can "derail" them in the regular season, or sweep 'em, big deal... so what? We all know you gotta beat 'em in the playoff, that's what counts.
    And I'm sure they'll be healthy come playoff time.

Sajan likes this.
  11. basketballholic

We are also-rans without a substantial upgrade to the 4/5.

12. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

So your team at the Y is in need of a big? Good luck with that :rolleyes:

BamBam, bilaal14 and Lawlruschang like this.
  13. YallMean

YallMean Member

When a team loses to us three times in a row in all fashions, we have got an edge on them. The key will be defense. I feel defensively this warrior team is not the same. Complacency.

14. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

I think the most fun way to derail the Warriors would be to hack one of Steph Curry's social media accounts, and have it like some post that is critical of Durant. Then just watch the house of cards crumble. Mwhahahahaha

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Now that House Jr. is back

[​IMG]

bilaal14, ISOBall, whiskeyred and 3 others like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://static.nytimes.com/email-content/MSB_11093.html?nlid=60638453

The Rockets are 9-1 since the All-Star break and suddenly look as though they have reclaimed their status as the team most capable of upsetting Golden State in a seven-game series. They believe it, too.

”We’re peaking at the right time,” Rockets guard Eric Gordon said. “I think we’re right there with them.”

Gordon acknowledged that the Rockets “were a little worried” when they started 11-14 and promptly sank to the lower reaches of the West. But that was then. Houston on Wednesday will be trying to complete a 4-0 season sweep of the Warriors, who have racked up their own array of worries as the playoffs — and Durant’s free agency — draw near.

As for Gordon, when asked if he thought the Warriors saw Houston as their foremost challenger, there was zero hesitation.

“They have to,” Gordon said. “We’re a lot smaller than last year — we’re a different team — but we match up well with them. I really do believe there’s no other team but us that can really have a chance against them.”

bilaal14 and D-rock like this.
  17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Our GOAT and savior is back. Rockets going 15-0 entering the playoffs.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

For safety

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Consider them derailed

20. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

I want them to be healthy, the question isn't about their health, its ours.. If we are healthy they are NOT capable of beating us.. we won the series 2-1 against them last year (lost one game without Harden).. We were up 3-2 on them with CP3.. and winning 3-0 this year, again not healthy.. As loaded as they look, they are more scared of us then they like to admit..

D-rock and ISOBall like this.