1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[#Wat] Is Virginia’s governor promoting infanticide?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

So 1.3% translates into “usually”?

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That would depend on the context. If it is 'usually it isn't done' or 'usually it is done'.

3. Cohete Rojo

“Usually it’s done...” for some reason about about the mother’s health, etc.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, this is correct, as the CDC reported it.

You know how you know it is correct? Can you find late-term abortion laws that are not strict in any state? Maybe there is a state out there that just accepts late term abortions for reasons outside of health complications. Good luck.

5. Cohete Rojo

I asked for data. I have not seen any data.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You got data, you just didn't like it, so now you are doing your best downplay it since it doesn't fit your agenda.

Meanwhile, you've provided nothing, all you have is propaganda from far-right blogs, which is your main source of news.

FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

JayGoogle and mdrowe00 like this.
  8. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

FranchiseBlade and JayGoogle like this.
  9. Cohete Rojo

10. Cohete Rojo

Where was the data regarding reasons for such abortions? That is what your statement regarded, if you will recall.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You are free to believe that states allow late term abortions at the drop of a hat if you wish. You have been supplied with lists showing that it is only allowed under very strict conditions.

Yes, they do vary from state to state. That was mentioned in the link I posted and they mentioned some of the differences.

At this point, the audience who think you are on to something with your requests for what has already been supplied is probably yourself. I'll let you find the data on that though.

JayGoogle likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My statement also said that it was very rare.

I've challenged you and the other guy to even find a case of a woman getting an abortion for an irresponsible reason. I've also challenged you to find a state that isn't strict about late term abortions. I'll agree with late term abortions being bad in those cases.

There haven't been many studies behind WHY a woman has had an abortion. Florida has it for their state...
    http://ahca.myflorida.com/MCHQ/Central_Services/Training_Support/docs/TrimesterByReason_2018.pdf

So as we can see around 1.40% of abortions in Florida in the year 2018 were because of rape, danger to the woman, or serious fetal abnormality.

Also, before the inevitable "That's a lot of abortions!" that I'm predicting from you or someone else...these numbers count out of state residents and I imagine that only going up as Alabama and Georgia battle each other over who can restrict Abortions harder.

jcf likes this.
  13. jcf

jcf Member

It does strike me that there is another thread currently on the first page about a seventeen year old woman choosing death over continuing to live with the emotional and psychological pain stemming from past abuse and rape.

And, yet we have laws being passed in various States that do not contain an exception for rape. And while that all may be a "strategy" to challenge Roe, I can't imagine the additional pain a rape victim may feel by having to bear a child that was the result of a rape. Or even having to confront it as a possibility while this "strategy" plays out.

Cruel stuff.

Os Trigonum likes this.