1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[#Wat] Is Virginia’s governor promoting infanticide?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Jan 30, 2019.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is pretty simple.
    1. I don't know that he was supportive of infanticide.
    2. If somehow that is what he was advocating, then I would be against that.

The end.

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I'm old so my thoughts probably shouldn't carry much weight here. However, aside from the debate about what some of these politicians meant, there should be some serious thought about where these enhanced abortion laws could eventually lead.

1) Will a mother evaluate her newborn for imperfections and terminate? Wrong sex? Etc.
    2) Infanticide today -- elimination of 2- or 3-year old children who exhibit autism, etc. Legally terminate them?
    3) Release convicts who slaughtered their children under the old saying, "I brought you into the world. I can take you out."

These postulations are absurd -- now. But when I was young, infanticide was the most heinous crime imaginable. Abortion was barely "acceptable" by the general populace.

BTW, what happens to the baby bodies? How about the body parts? Medical researchers need both -- and are willing to overlook ethical questions to get them. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood is making a fortune selling off the "waste." It's no wonder they encourage the continued and enhanced slaughter of innocents. Heck, where is PETA?

Astrodome likes this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger's dream of "eliminating defective stocks", "human weeds" is alive and well in Virginia and New York and elsewhere

#103 Commodore, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I always laugh a Pro-life dumbasses. They say they "CARE" about all life, but seem to ignore it once it is born. They don't give a **** about who actually supports the children thru life. They are against welfare and they don't adopt children once they are out of diapers. If they CARED, they would fight to improve the Foster care system. They would care for the children's welfare once they can talk.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

'You cant possibly believe a third trimester baby is a human being if you don't believe in government wellfare' is the dumbest take in this thread .

TheresTheDagger and Cohete Rojo like this.
  6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Conservatives have long promoted the 'nuclear family'. If only more of us took this concept to heart there would be less need for welfare and for abortion.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of those three are being advocated or legal. So you were correct to say they are absurd. What studies do you have the medical researchers are all willing to overlook ethical questions? Or did you mean that there are a tiny few that are willing to overlook ethical violations and aren't in any way representative of medical researchers as a whole?

8. Cohete Rojo

9. Cohete Rojo

10. tallanvor

11. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Infanticide is illegal, this vote wasn't about "we wanna kill babies."

I think this is more dealing with babies that are in a vegetative state or unable to survive without massive medical help. Like if Teri Schiavo born a baby. At least that's what I got from some quick research.

I think 99.9% of Americans would agree that aborting a baby outside of the womb because it wasn't the right sex, wrong color eyes, or just not convenient to the parents is ****ing terrible.

I await to be called names, but I would like links to articles disproving or proving sides of the argument if you choose to go down that route.

#111 CourtOfDreams, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  12. tallanvor

You could read the bill

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/130

All it says is treat a baby who survives an abortion like you would any other baby

now where did you get your incorrect position?

13. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

(2) INTENTIONAL KILLING OF CHILD BORN ALIVE.—Whoever intentionally performs or attempts to perform an overt act that kills a child born alive described under subsection (a), shall be punished as under section 1111 of this title for intentionally killing or attempting to kill a human being.

First time reading a Bill, I do appreciate the link. It does have a lot of legalise that I am trying to understand but that above mentioned part in the bill seems to disprove the "killing babies born alive" part. Again if I am wrong I don't mean to be so obtuse.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Republicans used wedge issue!

It's not very effective!

15. tallanvor

This is true of all babies...

You cant just kill a living human being because you dont like something about it.

It's not a wedge issue. Almost nobody supports killing a living human baby.

16. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

As I said previously...

I think 99.9% of Americans would agree that aborting a baby outside of the womb because it wasn't the right sex, wrong color eyes, or just not convenient to the parents is ****ing terrible.

So we agree right?

17. tallanvor

I think intentionally killing a baby outside of the womb is ****ing terrible. Not sure why you put qualifiers on it.

18. TheresTheDagger

Or for that matter, if the baby was in the womb the day before, and the mother and child are both healthy what exactly changed in that day to make taking the life "ok" but once out of the womb the next day "not ok"?

19. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

That is why I said "not convenient" also. I figure that would cover all interpretations of when it wasn't acceptable to "intentionally kill a baby outside the womb".

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You darwinist Cons would be so pro killing babies...if you had just one taste of them.

Survival of the Fattest.