1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors drama/bickering- KD vs Draymond

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Nov 13, 2018.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Draymond reportedly told Durant at the time that they didn't need him but that he'd be a luxury.

Durant was just the model side chick all along.

roslolian, Reeko, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  2. likestohypeguy

What changed? It feels like overwhelming sentiment is on Draymond's side for being more real or something- but he recruited KD, personally? Then saying the above, I don't get how that is being genuine at all.

HP3 likes this.
  3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Imagine getting a friend a job at your company, then he becomes your boss. Even with the best of friends tension can manifest. When you add the child like mentality of Draymond, and the egos of a team that thinks it is the best team to ever grace the court, it's no wonder some hostility might be there.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I mean...to be honest, if we're looking back now....if Durant didn't join the Warriors they probably wouldn't have won the past two championships so Green is wrong about that.

Last year, without Durant, the Rockets would have beaten the Warriors even with Paul out

The year before that, it would have been a tossup between them and Cleveland without Durant.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, there was an argument on TNT about that last night.

That the Warriors would still be the best team without Durant.

I don't think so, I think they'd be just another really great team in the West. Their first championship came on the back of Curry's best years and when he was basically unstoppable for a 2 year period. Also, Iguodala and Livingston were really elite bench players at the time. Iguodala ain't much now, neither is Livingston. They aren't as deep anymore and are trying to develop some young players who...I think we saw last night...they alright but nothing special.

They NEED Durant now. Without him I think they crash down to Earth. Curry becomes the only dude on the team that can consistently create his shot.

There's Cousins too...who I forgot. I think that's a boom or bust thing. We'll see what happens. I imagine if Durant goes that they'll throw the money at Cousins.

roslolian, IvanLCPM and steddinotayto like this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

I disagree with you. I think GS would still be the best team without Durant, depending on where Durant went. If he never left OKC, Durant / Westbrook / Adams would be a fantastic trio. If Durant teamed up with another top guy in the league, same story.

Warriors ran through everyone in the first title year, then overcame a 1-3 deficit to OKC, when they eventually choked against Cleveland. They could have easily repeated as champions.

Getting Durant, I think, hurt them in the long run, because so much of the offense goes through him now. Not to say Durant shouldn't be the one to go to on offense, but it really shows how much the Warriors run on Curry, who I think is the most important player on that team.

They aren't as deep, purely because they have Durant. In the years pre-Durant, they had Bogut, Barnes, David Lee, Barbosa - overall, the GS system had a knack for developing younger players (Ezeli, Rush, etc), but who needs all that when you have a Kevin Durant?

7. smp

smp Member

Donkey is just mad that KD came in and took over that team. Green is KD's b****. So is Klay. They get the shots that KD allows them to take.

That's on Curry, Klay, and Green though. If they wanted to keep their statuses as the best players on their team, they shouldn't have recruited a player better than them. They shouldn't have b****ed out and asked KD to come guarantee them more chamionships.

The good for all of them is more rings. The cost is becoming spokes in the wheel of a great team vs. Individual greatness.

RiceRockets and Granville like this.
  8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I disagree, the first year, they lit up the league on fire because they came out of nowhere and teams couldn't adjust to it yet. After that, teams had to get personnel to defend them properly and figure out a game plan like our switch everything defense. If they don't have Durant, they are a really good team but definitely not a lock to win the championship, but they jumped back down to being mortal status. Green can't shoot anymore, they don't have super role player in Barnes anymore. Iggy and Shaun not the same role player. They still have Curry and Klay but the rest of their role players are not good. They can't get someone to replace KD either since they got lucky with the salary spike when he was a FA.

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Enjoying the heck out of this. DG (the guy other teams hate but his team/fans usually love) causes internal friction, that might cause KD to leave, AND happened right before they play the Rockets, causing team turmoil and bad play? SWEEETTT!

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Curry is the epitome of good nature..... Green throws shet at him, he walks away. Also Green understands it's Curry's team.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They got enough championships...... I always felt they were not MJ Bulls or Kobe/Shaq type of dominant.

Maybe KD's first year but last year was shaky. The 73 win season was great but it won't happen that easy again.

You can dominate from 3s but dominating the paint is much more convincing. (Russell/Wilt/Kareem/Olajuwon/Shaq) - Duncan

12. Granville

Granville Member

Adding Cousins to the mix can be an additional layer of butt hurt.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin Durant Has No Interest In Trade From Warriors

Kevin Durant has shown no interest in being traded by the Golden State Warriors.

Because Durant is on a one-plus-one contract, he would have to approve any trade.

The Warriors similarly have no interest in a trade.

“We’ve got a three-peat upon us,” said a source about a potential trade.

Durant can be a free agent in 2019 and his desires remain one of the NBA's most heavily speculated topics.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Draymond's line of thinking from this summer that he's going to land a max deal at age 30 and that a 3/72mm extension isn't enough doesn't look like a good bet at his current productivity level.

Seems like he's more valuable to the Warriors than anyone else.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

When he's not getting suspended or generally causing locker room problems.
    But yeah, I think reality sinking in is part of why he's being such an ass these days. (Controversial donkey reference was unintentional there.)

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The first sentences of each Interview..... I am not going to change who I am. I am emotional, I wear those emotions on my sleeve.

This got us here so far, why change? yada yada

RiceRockets, Zen Tabak and hakeem94 like this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The donkey reference wasn't controversial.

The "these days" bit, however.......

Maybe, "being even more of an ass these days, if that's possible"?

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

I wouldn't say he became his boss...
    It's like if the friend is now the face of the company, getting all the praise and love for bringing new contracts/accolades while you are just another replaceable worker.

Exiled and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

basically officially ended the spurs run as well.

peleincubus likes this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The Warriors winning a title and making it back to the finals again next season while beating the Jordan and Pippen's win record already told him that.