1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Walton-isms

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

While we're on announcers, can someone take Marv Albert behind the shed and finally put him out of our misery? Dude is so senile.

OTMax likes this.
  2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Man I absolutely love Walton (ok so UCLA bias here) but been watching him do games since I was a little kid when he used to broadcast Clippers games locally prior to NBC. The guy has come a long way with the speech impediment he had to now broadcasting games. Some people hate it, but I love it. Bill doesnt take himself seriously and is just loving life. I've been fortunate to meet Bill on a few occasions and he is one of the absolute nicest guys I've ever met. My old boss was a huge UCLA bball booster and knew Bill and his family personally so Bill and Lori would come by the office at times to have lunch with him.

I drop most things if not everything whenever Bill is doing a game on ESPN. He did do a few games for the Kings last season I think, I hope he can do more games for the NBA again.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Bill Walton is awesome, you guys are missing out.

"That was the worst possesion in the history of western civilization"

CometsWin, tmoney1101 and hakeem94 like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. conquistador#11

Is Bill Walton back? I don't watch much outside the rockets.
    Throw it down, big man.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I miss bill Walton announcing games. I used to love when he did the nbc games when I was younger.

He’s different but it’s funny and entertaining.

He’s one of the oddest human beings walking in this earth with him being 7ft and all. Guy is a legend on and off the court.

Wish he did more nba instead of these Mix ups that Espn does once a year.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Bill Walton is much worse than Drexler... He was comparing Durant to Mozart in such a faggotty way.. Dude is a Blazer but doesn't stand up for the Organization but chooses instead to dick ride Durant and slurp down Curry c*m... He's a disgusting old demented fart that clearly made the other analysts/commentators uncomfortable during the Warriors/Blazers game.

tehG l i d e likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he was kinda joking, playing it was figure of speech or something i am at loss for words... kinda like when harden does the 'faggoty' dance

are you kidding ME? he brought out the best out of both of them..these two are most boring announcers ever and he made them fun... it was a JOY TO LISTEN TO

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Maybe don't pair him with the most annoying voice outside of the Millers and then let's see, though that Warriors slobbering job was just beyond awful. The way he praised Curry on every play, that was as bad as I've ever heard.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You listen to the sequences where he's nut-hugging Durant, Thompson, and Curry then slighting Stotts for wanting fair foul calls for his 3pt shooters who were fouled while leaving his peers perplexed then you would know that he is derranged.

12. j@amc

j@amc Member

Years ago, Walton started doing those -isms (like "that was the worst play in the history of ..."). I found all of that weird and nonsensical, waaaaaaay back then. I actually thought he was dropping those lines and offering this off color commentating as a way to get out of a contract. And I guess someone conducted a market survey and found a focus group that thought it was funny. I'm sure he's a great human being, but why oh why is he on TV or cable or the internet?

If you're watching a game with someone who has never seen basketball before, and you're trying to get them to like the game, you have to say something like this guy, "now this Walton guy who's talking, don't listen to anything he's actually saying because none of it really makes any sense."

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He’s one of the most unique personalities I can remember from any sport. He was great in the 90’s. I hope he starts doing more games.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I didnt know he was doing NBA games again.

He is fantastic doing Pac 12 games, the best round, loved by all Pac 12 schools. He actually knows every detail about every player on every Pac 12 team, its rare that someone knows everything about every team like that, national pro commentators never do

He is also CLEARLY high any time he does a game in Boulder

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

People still say this in 2018?

He didn't make them fun. He would just talk and talk about non-sensical things. Kept heaping praise on GS after every little thing and would completely trash Portland after every little thing.

I doubt even the Warriors broadcast was as ridiculous as he was.

They could have found any half-drunk casual NBA fan off the streets and that person would have matched Walton, -ism for -ism. Walton brought nothing to the broadcast except the knowledge of where the "mute" button is, on remote controls.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well any half-drunk casual NBA fan off the streets is better than current crop of nba announcers ....BOOOORIIIING...

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

WELL everyone has his blunders and illogical comments (which sometimes can be disguised wisdom) but generally he is a breath of fresh air for me.... in the land of hubbie browns Bill Walton is THE KING

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Hubbie Brown is way more sensible and accurate with his commentating. I enjoy both Hubbie Brown, Bill Worrell and Matt Bullard. Drexler is okay as well.

19. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Will Ferrell needs to do a Walton impression. It would only be slightly different than his great Harry Carey.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i enjoy bill bull and clyde as well(a lot), however i find them more in the mold of walton than hubbie ;)

anyway i intended to do a little photoshop job on walton however i found the pic attached below and found it more hilarious than any photoshop
    [​IMG]