1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Walter E. Williams: AA civil rights leader speaks on biggest problem plaguing AA community

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Senator

Senator Member

[​IMG]

Why do we ignore our biggest problem? Black on Black Crime

I have seen it on this site, the skewed narratives and lack of accountability. Even though the intelligent posters may privately acknowledge this issue, they never admit it publicly, and that only makes things worse.

Champs and Granville like this.
  2. biff17

biff17 Member

Nobody ignores it and why do you people keep trotting out a black like he is the only person who should be listened to on this subject.

I can give 10 black civil rights activists who think BLV have legitimate gripes but I bet you ignore them.

amaru and JayGoogle like this.
  3. Senator

Senator Member

It's definitely ignored and a huge reason why things have stayed poor throughout the Obama tenure which was purely symbolic from a civil rights perspective.

As far as the 10 activists, some people are stupid and should not be given that title just because they have a following.

I will read any legitimate sources you have, but if someone is stupid and trying to politicize narratives for the sake of building a following, they should be ignored.

4. Nook

Nook Member

5. biff17

biff17 Member

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

amaru and justtxyank like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rocket River

Rashmon, Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Walter Williams is an African American, but only a hero to right wingers.

Rashmon, Deckard, REEKO_HTOWN and 2 others like this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Man, I loved Walt when he was a Rocket. Glad to see he's got a second career after his playing days, though I wonder if his socio-political views caused trouble in NBA locker-rooms.

On the topic of the specious argument that people who protest police and don't protest black crime. I'm not sure how one protests crime. When you protest police brutality, you're protesting the behavior of an arm of government so you will do things to put pressure on government decisionmakers -- get in the news, get in front of cityhall or whatever. How do you protest crime, which is committed by a highly decentralized and fragmented industry of small independent operators? You can target specifically the bigger networks, which are street gangs. That is something I see people (including black people) doing already. We have nonprofits trying to extract kids from gangs, give them alternatives to gang life, we have propaganda efforts in schools urging kids to stay away from gangs, we have law enforcement geared to disrupt gang activities, we have books and movies that dwell on the negative impacts of gangs. We do lots of anti-gang stuff, though I suppose the one thing we don't do is organized street protests with clever signs and chants to decry street gangs. And we probably don't do that because of how stupid and ineffectual that'd probably be.

Boycotts are a common tool of protest when you don't like something a corporation has done. They can be effective. You don't see people stage boycotts of police because of police brutality, because it wouldn't be effective. You use the tools that will work. For black-on-black crime, protests won't work. There are large social problems that fuel the crime. We need to identify root causes and do work to mitigate them to hopefully reduce the crime downstream. People are working on that, including black people, but the pace of change is going to be generational. And, guess what, one of those root causes of black-on-black crime has to do with discrimination in law enforcement. So BLM and protesting police brutality is one of the lines of work being done to ultimately eliminate the phenomenon of black-on-black violence. So far from ignoring it, protesters are actively working on it.

foh, JayGoogle, mdrowe00 and 3 others like this.
  10. Senator

Senator Member

Newflash. We HAVE identified the social problems that fuel crime in these communities. Somehow, it's only added to the narrative within these communities that violence is what the white man has forced us into. It's never my fault. The numbers are extremely high and disproportionate outside of gang areas as well. All of these makes it near impossible to achieve integration in poorer areas and those opposed to it will have plenty of ways to work around it regardless of the law. Walter Williams also notes:

https://www.dailysignal.com/author/walter-e-williams/

Look at the stats for gang related murders. Look at the awards the left gives to rappers talking about murder, trap house etc and the millions they make from it.

When it comes to school shootings, blacks make up the largest percentage of murderers, not angry white kids.

There's going to have to be a non politically correct solution to solve the fact that there are 12,000 cops and 100,000+ gang members in Chicago alone. How many more baby steps can you take?

Toxic male ideals are a problem, including entitlement, but it's not restricted to one race. An angry idiot will always find an excuse and media will only write what sells. However , as a community, the left ignores black on black crime because many feel it's not their fault they turn to violence. Or would rather demonize police who deal with it every day because it's easier. Until it's front and center, the baby steps aren't enough, the percentage of violent criminals keeps getting worse. You can see the toxic mentality on this forum alone, the past was cruel, but you gotta forget it and try something new.

The current model has not been working for DECADES.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why is it the right is always, "ALL LIVES MATTER!"

But when it comes to crime it's not that "ALL CRIME IS BAD" it's "Don't you worry about white crime, worry about black on black crime"

amaru likes this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

^^ Somehow I have liked every new uniform we have introduced. I was probably young and dumb or they haven't aged well.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yo @Senator couldn't you have bumped one of your other "Black crime" threads?

I mean really my man, how many threads on the same subject do we need? The article you linked is over a year old, I could see if it was something new...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...ls-make-it-hard-for-blacks-to-succeed.294191/
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...ur-indicted-in-death-of-wedding-guest.293377/

How many more of these do we need? You're really into that Hitler-esque "They are criminals" propaganda, aren't you?

dmoneybangbang and mdrowe00 like this.
  15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This one comes down to "you break it, you buy it" for me.

Whitey knocked an entire shelf over at the supermarket, breaking bottles on the floor and is now pissed at the store clerks because they aren't cleaning his mess up fast enough.

Deckard, mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Ok, let's say you're right. What's the path forward? Do we just tell black people to stop committing crimes? If our black political leaders, our black ministers, our black athletes, and anyone one else that's black that has a voice -- if they can all just start castigating black people for committing crimes, if they can say victims of police shootings probably had it coming, if they can tell people to pull their pants up, do you think black people will start shaping up and obeying the law? What are you asking for?

17. dmoneybangbang

How’s that disasterous war on drugs going on top of the effects of institutionalized racism?

18. dmoneybangbang

This.

19. amaru

amaru Member

He’s out of touch if he believes that

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

Way out of touch.