1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WALLS WORK] Over 35 Palestinians killed by Israeli forces since start of "protest"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Nivos

Nivos Member

Man its so horrible what's going on there.
    I truly don't understand how people here seem happy when other people are dying.
    On the other hand I really don't know what is the answer. What can you do when 40,000 people are trying to cross your country's borders with intent to kill and use violence, what should you do to protect your citizens as a sovereign country?
    This whole situation is messed up so badly. Two nations that are being held hostage by their leaders, world superpowers politics and being used as pawns in a stupid chess game they don't really care about. Just sad

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not really being happy that people are dying, it's like when you see someone get shot while trying to rob a convenience store.....you just aren't sympathetic to them and you hope that their misfortune serves as a deterrent for others.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

I have said it before and I will say it again, if the Palestinians laid down their arms today there would be immediate peace and two states very quickly. If Israel laid down their arms today they would be driven into the Mediterranean Sea.

4. shorerider

shorerider Member

I am curious: If Mexico hypothetically conquered the entire USA, would you lay down any resistance and in exchange for peace give up wherever you are living, your way of life and go willingly to a reserve somewhere out in West Texas? Or would you continue to protest or fight/rebel?

#104 shorerider, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I wasn’t referring to you at all, only a general statement. Sorry for the confusion.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

over 1,300 Gazans shot by the IDF today alone as a response to the economic blockade on Gaza.

Israel doesn't have the right to stop a people from having economic freedom

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Who wouldn't fight back?

Defending yourself is a natural instinct. You have to fight. That's exactly what Israel did in 1948, and it's what they are doing to this day.

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Gaza does not have the right to send suicide bombers and rockets into Israel.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So that justifies condemning a million + people to poverty?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not a relevant comparison. The would be conquerors in this instance are the Palestinians, they just haven't been successful despite many attempts.

cml750 likes this.
  11. shorerider

shorerider Member

I was simply presenting a hypothetical for a person to answer. Feel free to answer or not. I guess I should have put a disclaimer on the post: "if you are not interested in answering the above hypothetical or feel it is irrelevant, then please ignore this post. "

FYI your analogy is way off target from the hypothetical, based on the history of the situation.

12. shorerider

shorerider Member

Well at least you know where they (the Palestinians) are coming from then. I agree with you. I'd fight too. Basically two sets of people want to claim the same piece of land, so they are going to have a fight over it. The bottom line is that, imaginary lines/collective fictions (nations) or not, a lot of people were forcibly removed from their homes in that area during the late 30's and 40's, and have been seeking the "right of return" and have been willing to fight for it ever since. Obviously with rocks and rag-tag guerrilla armies they will not be returning anytime soon.

Exiled likes this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

put up a fence so people that want to kill your women and children can't get in

Cohete Rojo likes this.
  14. Exiled

Exiled Member

This’s what the Palestinians should had done in 1920s

15. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I'm not one to support the Palestinian cause, I think they should just move out and accept defeat, Israel is going to slowly take whatever land they want as promised by the Divine, nobody is really going to do anything about it, so why waste time. Having said that, wow the Israeli army is ruthless, I guess it's refective of the current state of affairs on this planet. Amazing what they did without really any huge uproar worldwide. Just shows that there are full times ahead.

16. Buck Turgidson

Walls work both ways.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Where can the Arab-Palestinian people go?

19. cml750

cml750 Member

I am not sure what your hypothetical has to do with the Israel / Palestinian situation. The Palestinians have never "conquered" Israel. They do not even accept that Israel has the right to even exist.

Most of the world wants a two state solution. Israel would have no issues with this if the Palestinians would quit following Hamas and give up their terroristic ways, lay down their arms, and actually accept Israel's right to exist.

Cohete Rojo likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think you are suggesting a rather idealistic and simplistic solution to a very complex issue. And it seems to ignore the belief of the Palestinians that the land was and is theirs, and exasperated by Israel pushing settlements further into land in dispute. But sure, I bet people in the 1800's asked the same question... why don't those native Americans just lay down their guns and just live happily on the reservations...