1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vince Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ramirezallen1, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramirezallen1

ramirezallen1 Member

Any Thoughts we were rumored to take young with the number one pick instead took Mario Williams. We could have two of the top three players takin in the draft?

2. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

It's time to get over the '06 draft.

VY would be an upgrade at backup QB. That's about it. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen but I doubt the Texans will pick him up. There are simply more glaring needs.

3. ramirezallen1

ramirezallen1 Member

He could give matt a challange for the starting position n he does something matts afraid of doing run outside the pocket.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'd love to bring him here as a backup. A roster spot should not be wasted on Dan O, probably the worst backup QB in the NFL

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

why would you want someone to challenge your starting QB for a starting spot who just threw back to back 4400 yard seasons?

6. ramirezallen1

ramirezallen1 Member

Okay I understand that but whenever he was in trouble n about to get sacked he threw the ball away n with VY he could've ran for extra yards but either way he'd make a better back up also

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

No offense, but who cares? All that matters is who they are as players now, not where they were drafted. I don't think anyone is chomping at the bit to sign Jamarcus Russell because the was the #1 pick in '07.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He might be an upgrade over Orlovsky.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Oh god, not this bull **** again.

First of all, I thought they were deciding between Mario and Bush and not VY.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Should have traded down.

12. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I rather have matt leinart back up schaub.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

NO! I do not want Vince. VY is not better than Schaub, if you think so then you're probably not very smart.

VY will not sign to be a backup. Hypothetically if he did, how long do you think it would take him to show his immaturity? Probably not long.

People please get over this. Houston IMO would not be the best place for him to mature. I wish him the best ( I guess) but somewhere else.

14. The Situation

The Situation Member

He's going to the Redskins, Vikings, Cardinals, or 49ers. He doesn't want to be a backup, he's calling himself an elite qb.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Vince Young is a quintessential professional sports flameout.

Had everything handed to him based on talent until he got to the big leagues and found out he'd actually have to memorize 5 letter words if he wanted one day to be revered as Jason Campbell status.

But this is merely typical of the Longhorn alum. Pure smugness masquerading as class, as if ****ting burnt orange entitles you to a cowpoke farm with steers with anuses raised 10% higher than those of Aggie steer anuses.

1 person likes this.
  16. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

I bet OP isn't even one of us alums. Only a stupid t-shirt fan or Madison HS alum would want that sorry excuse for a pro QB to come to Houston.

OP, go back to not posting. This is easily the stupidest thread of the year.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This is my attempt at ignoring all of the glaring punctuation and spelling errors made by the OP.

18. likestohypeguy

Yes, please make this happen. Mcnabb made for a pretty good show this year, but the shanahans will take real good care of VY.

19. codell

codell Contributing Member

VY fans making the "VY should be our backup because he is better than Dan O" argument are completely, 100%, disingenuous. Like VY fans are going to be ok with VY just sitting on the bench and not playing.

That is the very reason why the Texans won't sign VY to be a backup. If they did, they would be absolutely undermining Schaub as the starter and there would be an instant QB controversy the second he signed.

1 person likes this.
  20. conquistador#11

I can never get enough of those kevin bacon direct tv commercials.

If I watch any more VY. I might just turn into VY. :grin:

I would also love to have Vince here as a back up. It won't happen. I think Matt is a confident QB with tremendous talent that would not worry about having vy breathing down his neck.
    Sometimes I feel Schaub is not appreciated by fans. If that defense held up and kept the lead in some of those games where they came back, Schaub would look much more awesome. People got all goo goo ga ga when Rodgers went into Matt schaub mode against the falcons. That's routine for Schaub.

Sure he can't see the hidden safety blitz sometimes, neither can michael vick that got sacked 3 times in a row by a strong safety. And yes, he did throw a game ending pick six. Matt didn't draw up a pass, that the ravens knew was coming from a previous time the texans attempted the play. Pass from their own 7 yard line, when they have the best running back in the league, and the clock is no longer an issue?

And yes, he has gotten worse with the deep ball. But unless your name is the sex cannon, how many times do you really say F *** it, I'm going deep?

In kubiak's battle, all schaub can do is follow orders.
    What schaub needs is smarter situational play calling and more trust in his other receivers when Andre is in the line up. He tends to put a lot of faith in his accuracy and force things to Andre.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.