1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FranchiseBlade, Feb 12, 2018.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I won't click on that spoiler, but like I said, I'm scared to leave. For one thing, I don't currently have a weapon or any armor so I'm a sitting duck out there. I do have the sword that my father made, but for some reason, I can't use it as a weapon and it doesn't show up in the weapons tab in my inventory. I might be doing something wrong, or maybe it's supposed to be like that. Maybe I missed other opportunities to find other weapons. I don't know, yet. I will ask and search around Talmberg to see what I can find.

Like you said, it does take patience, but it's a lot of fun so far.

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. marky :)

marky :) Member

I was confused on that part at first. If you're on PC, you have to equip the sword in your inventory. It'll show up on Henry in the view of him on the right and in an equipped inventory slot. While out of the inventory HUD, press 1 on the keyboard and you will unsheathe the sword and you can start swinging it. It gives you another codex thing of like "dont unsheathe near villagers as it will make them fear you" etc etc. Hit 1 again to sheathe it back.The rest of the numbers should correspond to whatever else you equip on Henry as far as weapons.

You can find a bow/arrows in the soldier quarters and other garments. Or if you have lockpicks and are good at it you can pick some crates open. I haven't done that as I dont have much gold at the moment so maybe theres other valuables in the crates.

RudyTBag and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Very cool. I'm on Xbox one, but I'm sure there is a command to unsheathe the sword. I will have to look into that. I have been very careful about sneaking. Anytime it says I'm in a private area, I immediately run out. I may have to start opening some crates and things because I'm very poor and mostly unarmed and almost completely unarmored. I don't think I can afford a lockpick at the moment. I will have to try to buy just one instead of 3 like I was doing before.

RudyTBag likes this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I got arrested for sneaking around in the middle of the night in dark clothing.

Lol. They actually question you for looking shady, that's awesome.

FranchiseBlade and RudyTBag like this.
  5. marky :)

I haven't played enough of it yet but I'm still in between on the whole "savior schnapps" drink to save. Like let me save whenever i want to without consequences, I got work in the morning lol.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I read that the Devs are currently working on that. Sleeping saves too right?

marky :) likes this.
  7. marky :)

Hmm didn't know that. If sleeping prompts an autosave, I wonder if waiting in place does also.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks decent, but won't be getting it. No 3rd person.

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The way I read it was that they were going to allow a save right before you quit, but still not allow saving whenever you want.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Only sleeping in your own bed or one that you pay for saves I believe.

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tavern dice game is legit... :D

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

How long do the drunk effects from the save schnapps last? I was wondering if I could drink it and just wait a while before trying pick a lock or do something where it would mess me up.

13. marky :)

How the f do I cure myself from food poisoning lol. Didn't even notice that the food has a durability stat to them and I guess ate food that was spoiled.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Antidote!

It slowly rises to a certain peak and then drops gradually from there. So if you lockpick immediately after drinking you should be fine.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

So here is the best concise review I can make after having a little more time with the game this weekend. I'm not even really close to being done, so these are just my opinions thus far. I'm playing on an Xbox one. I don't know about other versions of the game

Cons:
    1. There are bugs. Most of them are minor and occur when running into bushes and certain characters appearing as bald from a distance and then the hat and/or hair suddenly appearing on their head.
    2. For some reason, every time a conversation is started the transition isn't smooth there is a black screen that lasts a whole second or maybe just a touch longer. I haven't timed it for sure, but it seems like it takes longer than is necessary or other games.
    3. The animations aren't groundbreaking and seem a little primitive, jilted, and basic.
    4. The save situation is a double-edged sword. I like that it isn't really possible to save before major decision, battle, or trying to pick a pocket or a lock. The only problem is that if I've been playing for a few hours and I need to go to bed but can only save when I reach a certain marker in the game or sleep in a bed (not always possible because some quests are time-sensitive) I can't because I have to wait until the next auto-save or drink save drink which has other possible effects and costs a significant sum of money.

Pros:
    1. The game is different than other games and is truly original. The story and its interaction with actual history are refreshing.
    2. combat/lockpicking mechanics - difficult, brutal, and rewarding. This isn't like combat in any other game ever. It isn't a matter of pulling the right trigger really fast or pushing the 'x' button and the 'y' button over and over until the battle is over. Instead, an attack may take a while to complete just like a swing with a heavy sword would. There are some quick button-pushing parts to regarding blocking and/or dodging. But it isn't just mashing them repeatedly and mindlessly. There are strategies and timing involved. Because of this as you and your character get better, it feels like you the player really did something and learned something and took a step toward mastery more than any other game I've ever played. It is amazingly rewarding and gives you a real sense of accomplishment.
    3. The main story is put together well and is interesting.
    4. There are so many side-quests that it seems like I'll never run out of things to do or finish the game.
    5. Quests can be done in different ways depending on your choices and the skills you've elected to improve or not improve during the game.
    6. The world is brutal, tough, and likewise, the game is appropriately difficult. Money is not easy to come by, especially early on in the game.
    7. The game is addicting both because of the story but also the thirst for that rewarding feeling you get by both you and your character learning how to be better at the various skills and elements of the game.
    8. Because of all the quests and different ways to complete the quests, I can't wait to replay the game. It seems like it will be worth 2 or 3 replays for sure possibly more. I often don't even finish games and if I do it is rare that I will replay that game.

Summary/TLDR version:
    The game has bugs that are minor in comparison to how cool, innovative and ultimately rewarding the combat and other mechanics are in the game. The bugs and problems are present, but they don't even come close to making the game unworthwhile. The game has so many choices and options that it seems like replaying it will be as fun or maybe even more so than the first time through the game. The cons are minor and the pros are significantly greater.

marky :) likes this.
  16. marky :)

I hate that I always come across comments like "Witcher 3 is better". Well no ****. It's the 3rd installment of that franchise with a huge budget.

I've had a blast playing this game so far and if Warhorse was able to make a game like this with their limited budget and being their first ever game published, I hope they get the support to create more games in the future.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, and some of the little bugs might still be fixed in future passes and/or mods. I agree that they did a great job with funding from a Kickstarter campaign and that with a bigger budget and the experience from this game they have a very bright future. I hope they get the opportunity. This game may not be better than Witcher 3, but I don't think it has to be. It is a different game. There are a few areas of the game that I think are better than Witcher 3. For instance, the thrill of accomplishment I (the player) feels when both I and the character in the game improve is better and is something I've never experienced with any other video game. It is really cool.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I love it. I've already put 19hrs into it....I bought it over the weekend....I'm going to have to get my wife something to make up for the hours this game has sucked out of me.

marky :) and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I haven't been able to play for a week or so.... no time. I tried logging on last night, and saw that I've been hit with the money glitch. All my coins are gone. :(

20. marky :)

Had some time to play last night and are there any consequences for not dueling(I end up saying no and sneak/kill them to get their cool stuff :cool:) any of the random Knights you encounter?