1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FranchiseBlade, Feb 12, 2018.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This game seems like it has potential. It's open world/sandbox RPG. It takes place in 1403. They actually have used fencing manuals from the time period to design combat and tested real weapons in that design. All of the locations are actual historical locations. They've even used actual flora/fauna from the region in the design.

It makes the save before ever decision have a drawback in that when saving you must drink an alcohol and if you get drunk in the game it can be more difficult to complete tasks. If you fail at the first attempt at a quest there may be additional ways to do it. It's historical rather than fantasy so there will be no magic.

The first-day patch is a huge 23gb plus undertaking.

I've preordered and hopefully should be able to get it tomorrow. Is anyone else going to be playing this game?
    https://www.gamespot.com/kingdom-come-deliverance/

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Haha, I love everything about this paragraph. Really interesting way to prevent save-abuse, and the "no magic" bit is very refreshing. I will be interested to hear your thoughts. A solid non-magic medieval combat game sounds awesome. Though a possible issue I foresee for myself is that Witcher 3 (magic notwithstanding) was so awesome, that it seemed to set the bar almost unattainably high for other open-world action RPGs. It will have to be super-ambitious to not pale in comparison, for sure.

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I heard they got this guy to do the music...
    [​IMG]

Surfguy and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I was very late to the game with Witcher 3. I'm playing it now, and I don't know how far I am along in Witcher 3. I agree it will be hard to match Witcher 3, but I figure if it isn't a rip off of the game it can carve its own niche.

I will come back and let you know my first impressions. I probably won't get an extended amount of playtime until the weekend though.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I preordered this. I am prepared to be massively disappointed but bought it in the off chance that this game turns out amazing.

I am a weak son of a blacksmith and not the chosen one descending from heaven and becoming a god within a few in game days? Count me in.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm always scared to read too many reviews because I want zero spoilers until I've played the game through all the way. I usually just read enough to get the gist of what they think then try and not read anymore. Most of the ones I've seen have been positive with some apparent issues. I need work to end, and the 23GB opening day patch to download as quickly as possible. So I can at least get a taste of it myself.

One spoiler I did read mentioned that nobles will react worse to you if your clothes are dirty or you haven't bathed. So the realism of the game might require you to bathe and do laundry. It's kind of funny.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'm on the fence. It sounds promising, I'll wait for the first wave of reviews to come out.

I'm more excited for the silly Sea of Thieves game....

8. RedRedemption

Buggy as hell, but this game is pretty good.

I feel like a useless worthless pleb in the Medieval ages.
    Some drunkard ******* wouldn't pay up some debts so I went to collect them and beat his ass. He beat my ass and I ran home to my mother crying, but I got my boys and curb stomped his ass. This game is hilarious lol.

#8 RedRedemption, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Yung-T and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. YaosDirtyStache

WHEW lawd its bad.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I had never had a problem pre-ordering from Amazon before, but I found out today that the delivery won't take place until tomorrow. I'm bummed because I'm not able to play at all Weds. or Thus.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I was interested however the reviews i saw are not good.

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

What I've read so far is that the game itself is great, it's just full of bugs/performance issues. I've played roughly 5 hours yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did notice bugs but I usually have a high tolerance for them and they weren't game breaking.

By the "tutorial" missions alone, I've already read several versions of how people obtained the money owed to the protagonists father.

I love these type of games and paid full price. If you're weary of the game/reviews, I say wait for it until it goes on discount in the future. It's worth a shot to play IMO

I decided to fight him and I beat him. He let me pick whatever was in his house in place for money. But it wasn't worth enough for 10 coals :mad:. So I had to steal food to sell. :)

RedRedemption, Yung-T and RudyTBag like this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is an amazing acheivement. They are still ironing out some lag/bugs, but the Devs are amazing and the game IMO is seriously one of a kind.

If you are a mature, old school gamer, I highly recommend it. You gotta have some patience. It is a game for Adults, more than any other game I have ever played. Historically accurate, difficult learning curve, hardcore Medieval simulator. I am in love.

14. marky :)

I've noticed that I have to play in a different mindset. Usually in these type of games, you play as some badass that can run into a group of 5 enemies and whoop their ass. But nope, not our boy Henry lol.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I would be interested to play this but I don't think I have time for another 100 hour monstrosity

16. RedRedemption

It's not even a coming of age "Henry is a little b**** but has potential to grow be the chosen one". No he's just a random commoner lol.

marky :) likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Honestly that's what I love about the people that made this game. It is just so damn grounded. I hope it does well and they continue to make more.

18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I love how you completely suck at everything in the beginning.

My Archery skills were terribleeeeeee. Just as a Blacksmith's Sons should be. As you level up, it feels so damn rewarding. They got it right.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I got to play for a little bit last night. The stories, quests, fighting and what little I've seen so far have been great. The character animations aren't the best, but they don't interfere with the story for me.

I like that I suck at combat, because initially in games I feel like I'm worse than everyone else who plays the game. Now, they all seem to be just as bad as I am according to what I've read. I just made it to Talmberg and slept for the night. That's as far as I've gotten, and that wasn't easy. Haha. It's really cool. I will probably need to have enough patience to read all of the codex entries on combat, conversations, alchemy, food, disease, etc. in order to know what all the icons on my screen actually mean and what to do in reaction to those.

The game is a lot of fun because combat is so deadly and difficult that I'm actually scared to go out of Talmberg because I might have to have a battle against someone if I do. That makes it feel very real especially with the limited saving the game option. It's a whole new level of challenge in video-gaming. I like it.

20. marky :)

Yeah this game definitely takes patience but still enjoyed it when I played last night. Like most of these type of games, I can't stop myself from stealing/looting to sell for gold lol.

Let's just say the quest to go back to his home town took a lot longer than it should of.
    So many bodies to loot :eek: