1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UTSA Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by smr6, Sep 5, 2014.

1. smr6

smr6 Member

Not that too many probably follow them, but thought I would make a thread.

I graduated from there in 2012 so I was there for when the program started in 2011 and it was pretty exciting. They've grown pretty fast and have a solid team this year with a HUGE group of seniors. If they are going to go for a bowl game, this is the year they have to do it since losing all those seniors will be a big blow for next season.

Opened the season with the 27-7 win against Houston to open TDECU Stadium.

Home opener was last night and was actually broadcast nationally on FS1. Lost 26-23 to Arizona in a close game. Had a chance at the end when we got the ball with 2 mins left but threw an INT.

Here's a good read on the building of this program:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-utsa-texas-san-antonio-roadrunners/14862029/

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Wow, I'm sorry I missed the Arizona game. That's awesome the Roadrunners put up so much of a fight. They're a very well coached and experienced team. Should win CUSA handily.

3. smr6

smr6 Member

I'm hoping they keep up this level of play going into CUSA games. If so they will certainly be a force in the conference.

Next game is @ Oklahoma State so should be 1-2 heading into conference play, which isn't bad considering the opponents.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

A guy I grew up with in Katy has been working to build that program from scratch. Very excited for him.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

A really silly interception killed the potentially winning drive. They were perfectly set up to win the game in the last minute.

6. smr6

smr6 Member

I'll be in Stillwater for the game this weekend!

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

So UTSA had that opening "dominant" win and haven't won since.

Houston W 27-7
    Arizona L 26-23
    Oklahoma State L 43-13
    Florida Atlantic L 41-37
    New Mexico L 21-9