1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Utah to release Derrick Rose

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Feb 8, 2018.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

That said I'm a no go for rose. Would rather have Jennings

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Bron has actually developed several part of his games over the years. He is a good three point shooter, he has a decent mid-range game, he has decent post up game, etc. He has an extremely high IQ and displays a ton of skill with his game. I'm guessing you are a Bron hater. I don't even like Bron, don't want him near the Rockets, but as a basketball fan I can appreciate the kind of player he is. His defense is elite as well, despite of the on-going issues going on with the Cavs this year.

Richie_Rich and macho GRANDE like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

you know what makes him elite. its the fact that he doesn't have a real weakness. yeah he may be 6'9 250 but those are just attributes that come along with basketball skills. if being tall and heavy were the main reasons he is elite then why aren't there more players like him. The answer is because hes incredibly skilled with high iq. you think bc he weighs 20 lbs more than another 6'9 guy is what separates them? not even close. You know how many tall and strong basketball players are out in this world. Yet none of them come even close to being in the league bc they dont have the skills or iq to match it.

Richie_Rich and macho GRANDE like this.
  4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lmao.
    Wrong I'm not I would love to have him on the rockets. I'm not doubting
    Wrong I'm not a lbj hater. Was in the beginnings cause he choked alot( plus he would get caught doing things he wasn't hood at that frustrated me, as a pure fan, ea shot dump 3's). But came to love man went to what is it 6 or 7 straight nba finals. That's all time great. But so 34 %career 3 point shooting is good lmao. N trust his turn around is good n post. But that's strength n size again.

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I said speed. Name another guy with that size n strength with that speed I'll name one Ben Simmons he's going to be good too. Point I'm saying that's rare to have those physical attribute. N I gave him bbiq that's a part of his elite court vision

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

the physical attributes mean nothing if he doesn't have any skills. you're kidding yourself if you think you can become the best player in the world just by having some physical attributes and some court vision

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Rose reminds me of Steve Francis but not as good.

DudeWah and RudyTBag like this.
  8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

TimberBulls

arabrocket and ramotadab like this.
  9. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

You mean in the years where he bounced around from team to team?

Madeinchin4 likes this.
  10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, just as players. Incredible young athletes, wreckless leapers, average shooters, slightly above avg passers, not high IQ players or humans, derailed by injuries.

Rose's MVP season was a down year for MVPs.

11. omgTHEpotential

LeBron should have won the MVP that year. Rose got it only because he was being hyped as this next great thing, and the new face of the NBA. People are talking about pre-injuries Rose like he was this LeBron level superstar player, but he really wasn't. His decline wasn't as steep as people think. He was only a marginally better player than he is now, but with a much higher usage and a team built around him to cover his deficiencies.

ramotadab and malakas like this.
  12. 92i

92i Member

Lol ever since that story came out I just can't stand D.Rose.

malakas and slothy420 like this.
  13. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

He's a moron. I think he'd fit nicely with the other knuckleheads in OKC - and by fit nicely, I mean make them worse.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can't think of any other landing place than Minny with Thibs at helm.

15. malakas

malakas Member

wtf is being discussed in this thread. If Lebron James has basketball skills apart from his athleticism? Are you kidding me?

Some ppl really...Do you really think that there's only 3pnt shooting?

Nook likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He never was a Lebron level player but you go WAY too far in saying his decline isn't far from his MVP year.

He's a complete scrub now, scrubs are not players that just need an opportunity to be top 5 in win shares again and MVP candidates. What you are saying is that Rose could be an all-star again if only he had the opportunity and system and I just can't believe that. He was an elite player, his numbers then say that, and he went from being that elite player to a guy that would be lucky to be a backup PG on a team. He was the best player on a team with the best record, yes, he was dominating opponents in his prime. That is a steep drop for a guy that is 29 and should still be an all-star caliber player.

Also, as to the whole Lebron Debate...

I mean it's easy, there are a lot of 6'8 guys in the NBA that are super athletic (Hell, we have one on our team), Lebron is an all-time great because of his skills.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. mig0s

mig0s Member

he got injured because he has no brain? mmmmm k

19. lalala902102001

This will very likely be Rose's final season in the NBA. I think it has more to do with what's above his shoulder than what's below it. Even with his injuries he could have had a much longer career if his head was in the right place.

arabrocket likes this.
  20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is going to be the first MVP to not make the HOF unless he finds the fountain of youth.