1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Utah Jazz on a six game skid......

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Tfor3, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Utah just lost to Portland(for the 2nd time in this 6 game slide). Just wanted to point out that the Rockets are not the only team that has had recent losing streak-woes. I would not have guessed that the two teams that met in the first round of the playoffs last year would each have a 6 game losing streak early in the next season....Nov. for the ROX and Dec. for the Jazz.

Bold games on road:
    The Rox lost to:Memph.,LA,SA,PHX,Dall, and Miami from 11-14 to 11-23. Rox are 6-4 since then with wins over Denver,PHX,Memphis and Detroit. We got revenge over PHX and Memphis with a chance to do the same with Dallas tomorrow--all teams that were in our 6 game losing streak.

Utah lost to: SAC,SA,Dall, PORT.,PHX and PORT from 12-4 to 12-14. They are not out of their 6 game slide yet.

I think it is to be expected on a ROX team with coaching/system and player movements and not so expected on an established team led by D.Williams.
    I actually am enjoying everyone of their losses and think it is great. I can't stand the JAZZ or the MAVS--both teams that knocked us out in 7 games :mad:

2. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

I would be happy if we weren't playing like poop right now as well. :(

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Well, if you can shoot -35% fromt he FT line and still beat the Pistons, you can't be doing all that bad :D

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I caught the 4th quarter of both Blazers/Jazz games this week. Wow! Brandon Roy is a great closer and Travis Outlaw has stepped up big time with Webster out. The Blazers are now 11-12. If they keep playing with poise on the road they could end up at .500 for the year. LaMarcus Aldridge jokes that he needs to keep missing games if the Blazers continue to win without him.

Except for their home blowout of the Lakers, every game I've watched the Jazz play they have lost. The problem is getting stops down the stretch. I saw the Cavs, Pacers, Knicks and Blazers (twice) all score at will. Sometimes it seems the Jazz have forgotten about playing effective team defense when they need it the most.

If you take a look at the standings, the whole Western Conference is kinda of loopy.

5. jc1988

jc1988 Member

gosh i hate the Jazz team...

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They should Fire Jerry Sloan and bring in JVG.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm very impressed by Brandon Roy. He has surpassed all my expectations. He is playing like a star. I'm glad that Portland beat the Jazz.

8. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Portland is a good team. They're just one veteran voice in the locker room away from really getting it together IMO.

Anyway, something to note, Boozer is truly a BEAST. When does the guy not play well? Even when the Jazz lose, very often Boozer is still putting up his 20+ and 10 reb on insane shooting efficiency. So much so that I'm actually surprised that they've lost that many in a row.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Haha, exactly what I was thinking. I bet Utah fans are now calling Boozer and Deron William soft, no leadership. Trade them for Corey Maggette and Jason Kidd. Organize a "We want Jeff" chant. Worship Kobe as god...

10. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Carlos Boozer is insane. He has perfected that fade-away off-balance high arching shot of his. I never see him miss it when he takes it. Boozer can't play any defense though, you take him out of the game by having him worry about guarding your power-forward.

And Portland ... I really like watching that team. They are mentally tough for a young squad which is very rare. McMillan is doing a great job developing them.

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

To think that we almost had Brandon Roy

12. poprocks

poprocks Member

Just curious, if we had to play these guys in the playoffs again and seeing how Morey said we were totally exposed at the PG position. Which of our guards would you rather see out there on Deron Williams?

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The more I watch him this season the more it hurts. He is exactly the tough-minded, independent backcourt player we need out there. I was almost cheering as he totally demolished the Jazz off the dribble late in the game last night. He is also a true LEADER.

I would rather close my eyes.

14. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but Boozer is really, really good. He can finish with either hand, and when he shoots that jumper from the free throw line, it almost ALWAYS goes in.

Defensively, he's definitely weak, but that doesn't help us much, since we don't have a power forward anyone worries about guarding. :(

I'm not making too much of this losing streak right now. Remember how awful they were to close the season last year, and then next thing you know they're in the WCF.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Jazz lost tonight to the Hawks because they have forgotten how to impose their will on inferior teams in the 4th quarter. Even with the Hawks contributing a last minute choke job. A great effort from Boozer goes to waste.

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The Jazz lost again tonight.

The Atlanta Hawks shot 57.6% FG against the Jazz. Jazz only came up with 2 blocks as a team, with none from their starting PF/C combo, Boozer and Collins. What happened to protecting the paint?

Even though Boozer dropped 39 pts on the Hawks, the Hawks penetrated their weak defense to win. Josh Smith was manning the paint with 5 blocks!

17. htownballer91

htownballer91 Member

serves em' right! :rolleyes:

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

glad they lost again :eek:

19. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

weird, i wonder whats wrong with them.

maybe they should bring back JVG too

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro