1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Buck Turgidson

LOL at Elliott. You were one of the 3 best players on the D and you chose to leave (before the season was over) and be a 6th Rnd pick. I'm truly rooting for you, make the best of it!

tinman likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Social media ****s everything up.

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do not envy coaches and ADs having to deal with a generation that would rather blast criticism out on social media than address it face-to-face. And I say that as an almost-30-year-old.

4. mtbrays

Supporting Member

Did anybody else take advantage of the Texas Exes three pack of tickets? I decided to break my rule against pre-October games (save those against marquee opponents) and attend TCU, along with West Virginia and Iowa State.

Really hoping there's some fun to be had at DKR this year but, after everything we've seen the last 8 years, I'll believe it when I see it.

Bob Barker 007 likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

What a nightmare.

There needs to be an app that lets someone (parents, coaches, whatever) see every single thing you put online, across all platforms, in real time, and lets the grownups delete **** as needed.

raining threes likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Those are 3 good games! What does the TxEx package get you this year? Where are your seats?

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Kids have to look out for what's best for them because coaches sure the hell don't.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

play for 1 more year for free
    risk dying and get CTE
    but maybe I'd go in round 3!

I'm no longer gonna laugh at anyone who leaves the NCAA plantation system early. might as well join the NFL'S plantation sooner.

9. Buck Turgidson

Nope, no problems with his decision at all. It just reeks of sour grapes to put stuff out there at this point.

10. mtbrays

Supporting Member

We got seats in the lower corner for, I think, $60 per ticket. Not a bad deal. Exes got to pick three games from Tulsa, TCU, Iowa State, Baylor and West Virginia. They had tickets that were better than what we got and some upper deck seats, too.

11. Buck Turgidson

Right on, I was just curious. I let my buddies get seats for a game or 2 for me, I'm not even sure yet which ones we're going to, much less where the seats are.

12. Major

Major Member

I've now gotten 4 emails over the past 6-8 weeks basically begging me (as a season ticket holder) to buy more USC tickets. They seem to be having a serious problem selling out their games this year.

13. Bob Barker 007

There's plenty of demand for the USC game; it's just at a lower price level than the cost of full season tickets plus donations. The athletic department is restricting tickets for the USC to season ticket holders to squeeze every dime from the larger donors. Eventually they will open it up to mini plan and single tickets, and it will sell out.

Hustle Town likes this.
  14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

OL Grad Transfer Mikey Grandy forced to retire due to concussions. Probably hurts depth more than anything but thought he could compete for that starting RG position. Thinking the current 2 deep will look like the following:

LT: Anderson - Cosmi
    LG: Vahe - Angilau
    C: Shackelford - Kerstetter/Rodriguez
    RG: Rodriguez - Hudson
    RT: Kerstetter - Okafor

The interior still worries me a bit. Vahe and Shackelford have been pretty inconsistent and Hudson is coming off an ACL injury. Honestly not sure what we have in Rodriguez. Ideally I would really like for Okafor to step up giving us options for Kerstetter. He played well at RT but was also an All-American C coming out of high school and has been taking practice reps at backup C apparently.

15. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Well, it feels like we're going from nonexistent depth to thin depth. Andrew Beck coming back healthy really helps with run blocking. We won't be the top line in the Big XII, but I think we'll all take an improvement. Anyone have info on Cosmi or Angilau? I wouldn't expect them to play much.

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Angilau has supposedly impressed in off season workouts but haven't heard much about Cosmi. Think the OL and RB position will be the most intriguing group to watch going into fall camp. Can't wait to see what grad transfers Calvin Anderson and Tre Watson can bring to the table, and Keontay Ingram is probably one of the most hyped RBs we've brought in a while. Daniel Young looked good in limited reps and Toneil Carter had flashes here and there. Hoping any or all of these guys are better options than Porter which I still don't why he was our leading rusher in attempts last season.

17. Hustle Town

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is West Virginia the best of the bunch ?

19. Hustle Town

I'd say West Virginia, but they should be close. West Virginia should have their typical entertaining offense.

20. mtbrays

Supporting Member

It should be a toss up between that and TCU. I’d love to see a competitive game against the Horned Frogs considering how much Gary Patterson has owned UT over the last few years.