1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US Companies Are Moving Tech Jobs To Canada Rather Than Deal With Trump's Immigration Policies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by No Worries, Mar 21, 2019.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

US Companies Are Moving Tech Jobs To Canada Rather Than Deal With Trump's Immigration Policies, Report Says (recode.net)

US companies are going to keep hiring foreign tech workers, even as the Trump administration makes doing so more difficult. For a number of US companies that means expanding their operations in Canada, where hiring foreign nationals is much easier. From a report:

Go Wall!

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The issue with American workers and tech jobs is education. We continue to fall backwards

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

So instead of hiring foreign workers in the United States, they're going to hire foreign workers in Canada.

mick fry likes this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

and Canada gets to benefit from that at the US' expense.

5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

So they're leaving to get foreign workers easier? Are they that dependent on non-American workers that they have to leave the country? Also, wouldn't they have to pay Canadian taxes now too? Seems like they'd be losing a lot of money like that...i dunno.

dachuda86 likes this.
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Go Globalism! Oh wait never mind. Screw that. Go America and screw companies that are above hiring and training their own.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They want to open those offices and want to give Trump bad PR. They have had formal meetings about how to hurt Trump and elect globalist leaning leftists. This isn't some conspiracy either since the news has openly covered this fact.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There's a shortage of skilled it workers.

I'm getting old. Pay me moar!

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Right, because it isn't the 1400s anymore so the world is connected.

You either compete with the rest of the world or you get left behind. Isolationism is dead and will continue to be dead with how easy it is for people to move from country to country and the ability for corporations to sell their products worldwide with relative ease.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Tech jobs in Canada gets paid significanty less compared to the sames jobs in the US, and I mean significantly less

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No. They will lay you off and hire a cheap foreigner.. Globalism only benefits the elites.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I just don't think Americans should spread eagle for corporate elite profit. Call me old-fashioned.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, that's how stupid your Trump is - further proof that his anti-immigrant stink is really to get fools like you all jizzed up.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So you'd rather the jobs go overseas than have brownies as neighbors?

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

There are white illegal immigrants too, specifically Irish in NY, and I really can't stand them either. You are the one making it about race. I only care about nationality and our own national interest. I support jobs for Americans. Period.

You need to stop making everything about race, because it is an obsession for you man. Seriously, it is not normal.

mick fry likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree, but the reality is that it is a global competition for profit for these companies. The game is being played and will be played with or without us. Barring some nuclear war or something, the world is going to continue to get more connected, not less.

dmoneybangbang and No Worries like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You realize this policy will cost Americans jobs, right?

18. Buck Turgidson

In 2017, ICE deported 34 undocumented Irish, up from 26 the year before.

Better build a seawall now, this is getting scary.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That is far too little. There are plenty of them in the Northeast.

And actually a sea wall may be needed... for rising coasts related to climate change that is.

And a fair critique of Trump is he used companies that likely used illegal labor to build his towers. Being from NY, I bet a fair amount of them could have been Irish. Or of other origins. Doesn't really matter at the end of the day what their background is imo. I am not race obsessed.

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

This is ridiculous. Now compare the number of undocumented coming from south of the border. Last I heard the Irish weren’t invading our country illegally by the millions.