1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Upset your franchise player ✓ Let all your FA's walk ✓ 40M/y contract to old man CP3 ✓

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ISOBall, Feb 16, 2019.

1. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

whine, whine, whine....tell us something we already don't know.

lakersuck2 and napalm06 like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

No one said anyone has to be excited. Just a little less tinfoil-hat paranoid, por favor. (The GARM, not 'you').

There should be a lot more discussion around Clint's return and the upcoming schedule, and a lot less discussion around people submitting their resumes to be owner/GM of the Rockets.

3. s3ts

s3ts Member

For people to think Clint coming back is better than us adding pieces, its like you think we gonna make the finals this season as long as we got the team healthy.

Even if we stay healthy, we aren't making the finals. We don't have enough dependable players in the rotation, and when we rest Clint in regulation, we will suffer the consequences of playing subpar players at each position or watch Clint get tired out while anchoring the team's defense on his shoulders.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

For people to think Clint coming back isn't going to be very positive, it's like you want the team to fail and denial is more comfortable than uncertainty.

Even if we complain endlessly, it won't change our chances of making the finals. We haven't had very dependable players in the rotation, but with so much change and disruption to the roster this season, we are suffering the consequences of playing players out of position or watching 6'5 Tucker get tired out while anchoring the team's defense on his shoulders.

D-rock and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I was looking forward to the allstar break ….

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

CF has become the best source of anti-Rockets material on the internet.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

LMAO at the idiot's who believe that they know better than Morey or MDA. How many of you have shown their level of success at your jobs let alone theirs?

And Harden loves both MDA and Morey, he's said so countless times.

When did CF become so mentally weak, entitled and unappreciative, may as well call yourselves ChokeFans.

biff17, Pizza_Da_Hut and hakeem94 like this.
  8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

somewhere in the middle is the truth.

Morey has shown to be a good GM. he build two contenders, first with yao/tmac/adelman and another last year. when was the last time the magic, kings, or Knicks had a contender? its not that easy. lowballing free agents and spending cash and picks to get under the LT may be a tillman directive. we know he could always make trades to add salary if allowed. Morey's record with free agents, trades, and draft picks isn't perfect, but its a lot better than most teams.

MDA is more of a gray area. he's had a resurgence here since his philosophy aligns so closely with Morey's. he is at fault for not coaching enough... which is a complaint we shouldn't have about a coach... but even Phil Jackson trained his team to work through things without timeouts and allowed his stars to call their own plays. there is something to be said for teaching the players to think through the game too. again, somewhere in the middle is best here.

tillman is an incomplete at best, and at fault at worst. not resigning Ariza to go deep into the LT only for a 1 year deal to run it back was 100% on him. spending cash and picks to get under the LT is on him. Morey doesn't save his own money by getting under the tax. he maybe an incomplete at best as I said IF he's willing to go over the LT before the Paul/harden/capela era ends then we can say it was a smart move to be under during what seems to be a down year. what we don't know is if we were 10 games better would tillman have been ok adding to the wax bill to go all in this year for a contender?

D-rock likes this.
  9. xaos

xaos Member

I liked the usage of check marks in this thread title

GotGame15, deb4rockets and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wish we had won that last game before the break. It would have made this place far more bearable.

GotGame15, D-rock, justtxyank and 3 others like this.
  11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Everyone who agrees with this is one of those AD types himself.

12. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Faried getting double doubles against starters shows what he's capable of. If anything we have the best back up 5 that we have had in years. Maybe you people need to sit back and relax. I dunno, maybe even try to enjoy watching your team play. Hell, I loved the 41 win teams with the Scolas, Landrys, Heads and Brooks. You all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. Many fans would kill to be "stuck with Harden/Capela/CP3/EG" instead of just assets.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  13. s3ts

s3ts Member

Watch your language. Am I here saying I'm not a fan? Did I call any one of you pieces of **** any less of one?

I am simply saying people who expect us to make the finals this postseason is delusional, which only should project to you the idea that I don't have high expectations for us in the playoffs, not that I don't care as a fan or will stop watching the games. You may use pessimistic or negative, or anything around that. I prefer REALISTIC. Because if you're somehow saying we are making the finals, you need to get your head checked.

I watched the Scola Dragic even Kevin Martin play through the bad years, I stuck around as a fan when people were jumping bandwagons to different Htown sports. I even remember being excited to draft Jeremy Lamb... So don't call me spoiled either when you don't even check how long a member I've been at CF.

14. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

First off, watch my language? I didn't use any bad language, nor did I call you a piece of ****.
    Secondly I don't really care how long you have been a member on CF. I have been here like 2 months and it has been nothing but a cry fest. New flash, nobody is beating the Warriors THIS YEAR. The league probably know that this is their last year all together. Avoid the repeater tax this year and spend next.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This is 2016 all over.

People were convinced Harden wasn’t someone to build around and if you were going to try then NO STAR WOULD EVER join James Harden. We were absolutely going no where, the doomiest of doom and gloom days.

Groups are no different. Same people who said to be calm back then are saying be calm now and the knee jerkers are still knee jerking.

Funny thing is that 2016 year no one could truly put a finger on the problem till the season ended and we come to find out old Dwight was sinking the ship.

This year it’s so damn obvious that we aren’t where we want to be because of injury, yet most just want to ignore it and act as if the Harden era in Houston is over.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

remmeber max kellerman said harden is the 7th best player in the league lo. Meanwhile anthony davis has never posted a megaer 50 win season until last year i believe and he is the best. Why cant the best lead his franchise to a least a western confernce finals apperance

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Clown Kellerman was just trying to stir the pot...nobody with sense puts Harden as the 7th best player in the league or has somebody like AD over him

AD is overrated as a franchise player

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Would not be sad at all, then we can officially tank and collect a ton of assests for Harden to rebuild. Instead of trying to beat the greatest team ever assembled we should just be tanking and waiting until they break up.

I say this mainly cuz Warriors are the darlings of the NBA. Everyone wants them to win. It’s hard enough to beat them but near impossible when Scott Foster is sent to game 7. Or when KD can be 10 feet out of bounds etc. It such a long shot that we migh as well just be tanking.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

WTF are you even talking about? When did they upset Harden?

20. hakeemthagreat

I'm pretty sure AD said he loved playing in New Orleans. I recall several times KD defended staying in OKC said he loved WB. If you're going off what Harden says you will be disappointed