1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Upset your franchise player ✓ Let all your FA's walk ✓ 40M/y contract to old man CP3 ✓

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ISOBall, Feb 16, 2019.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agree .
    Most people here know that it will be tough for us to keep them .

2. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Such an unoriginal group of whiney b****es on here.

lakersuck2 and D-rock like this.
  3. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Dear lord OP, your people around here are so damn stupid.

Has to be the allstar break. Wouldnt be one without a rocket loss to stew on for a weak with dumb threads.

D-rock likes this.
  4. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Curry can say whatever he wants but until we hear it from Harden I won’t believe what curry said.
    It could mean harden said he wanted everyone back and healthy so he doesn’t have to play hero ball all the time.
    Harden has been vocal to the rockets front office if he didn’t like how we playing he would have said something already.
    He’s prob tired from this past 31 games and next game we will have everyone back. So it could also be like finally we will have everyone and I won’t have to play hero ball all the time.

D-rock, BeBreezy and Stormy1234 like this.
  5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Next year at the trade deadlne Eric Gordon will be moved along with Paul some how some way, even if we have to take a bad contract. I see Pelcians wanting to go back to winning some games and take a shot at them 2, thats a good back court when you have nothing after Davis, plus they can rebuild on the fly with them 2, and Eric will come off the books for them.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

McHale is gone.
    Les is gone.
    Morey is next. He's the continuation of this mediocrity treadmill.

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I can see Tilman insisting that Morey operate within a budget (ie get below lux tax) but I think its Morey's decision on what to do within those constraints...
    A) Morey coulda converted him to a min contract wo issue - but Morey wants a 3 year deal...
    B) Morey coulda dipped into the mle - but he wanted to save it for the buy out market...

so i put the House situation on Morey...
    House is prob being unreasonable regarding a long term deal... imo Morey shoulda converted him, used him as needed - and then worry about the rest as a RFA in the off season...

snowconeman22 and cheke64 like this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

The worst & most arrogant move was doing Carmelo dirty after only 10 games. That was unnecessary and set a bad precedent among other players & agents about our organization. I tried to explain this to y'all back then. This is why we're not getting any quality FA's. This not to mention how we did House. The Rockets have a bad reputation with player contracts & how they deal with players. How they did Melo was disgusting

I blame Morey mostly, but MDA deserves blame as well

9. Coach E

Coach E Member

Your photo shop skills about as good as this thread

10. steveng125

steveng125 Member

If Tilman offered me 100,000 to finish out the year. I can be a poor mans trevor Ariza.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Hogwash. No one cares about Melo. Players go where they can get paid or get playing time. The Rockets compete against 29 other teams for free agents, they aren't going to get all of them.

Also, I would say that Rivers and Faried were very nice players that Morey reeled in. Those two guys picked the Rockets over other teams.

harold bingo likes this.
  12. Rocketsfan3422

Harden wont leave, to many records to break wearing a rockets uni.

13. Game7

Game7 Member

You are fired from using photoshop.

BamBam likes this.
  14. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

You're standard of mediocirty is pretty unreasonable.

We have been to the conference finals twice the last 4 years running into the greatest team assembled and have the reigning and probably back to back mvp on this team. Grow the eff up

harold bingo and D-rock like this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

1 decent western conference finals on the last prime cp3 year. The other appearance we got embarrassed. We not talking about NBA finals, we talking about western conference. b**** it's been 13 years.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm sure there are a ton of different variables players take into account - depending on the options they have available to them... with varying degrees of weight on diff things depending on that individuals situation....

but I gotta believe if a player has a choice between multiple teams that they could sign a 2 way contract with... the Rox arent gonna be at the top of the list based on the House situation...

and if you dont think kicking a free agent acquisition to the curb after 10 games (a guy who "did everything the coaches asked of him..." - Morey) might have a detrimental affect on at least some prospective signings... then idk what to tell ya man... if nothing else, it makes our org look stupid for going down that road in the first place...

17. farhen

farhen Member

as I've said before, if the captain 'Mike D'Antoni' gets fired. Jimmy would no longer wants to stay and demand a trade, and the rest is history..

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

most teams are a harden away from a finals appearance

19. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Glad we have no future to look forward to either since we traded our 1st and 2nd pick for a 1 year rental averaging 4 points per game. Bet we do the same thing next time around and save a bit of that good ol luxury tax again. Gotta love the man tilmen haha.

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

When Tilman bought the team, the first problem he would address was getting people in their seats before the game starts.

Well it's been almost 2 years and that problem still isn't fixed. Tells you the worth of Tilman's word.