1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unusual Studs and Duds?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JumpMan, Dec 6, 2005.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

SO FAR!

Studs – Boris, Gasol, Camby, Mike D’Antoni, Miles, Ford, Parker, the Grizzlies, Okur, Ricky Davis, David West, Diop, the Timberwovles, Barbosa, Sarunas, Frye, Calderon, Francis, Villanueva, the Hornets, Detroit’s offense, Zaza, the Clippers, ZO, Mike Dunleavy and Montgomery

Duds – Kobe, the Wizards, Joe Johnson, Kwame, Kirilenko, the Kings, Okafur, Finley, Marvin, Phil Jackson, the Jazz, Dampier, Webber, Dunleavy Jr, Larry Brown, Darko, the Nets big three, Hughes, Q-Richardson, Detroit’s defense, the Rocket’s bench, Sam Mitchell

MVP - Sam Cassell/Elton Brand

Most Outstanding Player - Allen Iverson

1st Team All-NBA - Cassell, Wade, Dirk, Duncan, Wallace

2nd Team All-NBA - Nash, Pierce, Brand, Pau, Camby

WHY?!

Why does Wade fall so much? Why doesn’t Lebron pass enough? Why don’t the Rockets trade for Steve….. Blake? Why does Kobe shoot so much? Why are the Magic so boring to watch? Why is Paul Pierce underrated? Why did Tony Parker stop sucking? Why do the Pacers have so many crazies on their roster? Why is there a revisiting thread in the GARM? It sucks.

#1 JumpMan, Dec 6, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  2. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

Explain to me how Detroit's defense has been a dud. They're like 6th in the league in points allowed and pretty much every team allowing less scores a ton fewer points than Detroit does. Detroit is leading the league in point differential.

I'm shocked NO/OKC isn't putrid and how good the Clippers actually are.

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Yeah, you got a little Clipper red dripping off your lip there...

You forgot one dud - The Eastern Conference. Weren't they supposed to be equal to or maybe even better than the West? Once again, the West is kicking ass...seven teams playing .667 or better and every division with at least three teams above .500. Meanwhile, the sixers lead the Atlantic with a sparkling 8-10 record.

How the heck is LeBron not 1st or 2nd team all NBA?

4. JumpMan

During their championship year Detroit was giving up low 80's, now it's low 90's, and I think they won because of defense and rebounding, both phases have taken a step back this season. If they can turn it back on on command, fine, because that's the only way they get past Miami.

LOL, A-Train, the Clippers have impressed everyone, haven't they? Yes, the Eastern Conference is a dud, Indiana should be better right now.

I guess Lebron should be on one, but I don't know why he's shooting 20 times a game, or why the Cavs aren't as good as they look on paper. And I'm also wondering what all the fuss is about, like that other dude on the How good is Lebron? thread.

5. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

no mention of any of the warriors? i'd say they're studs so far.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Um, Detroit leads the league in point differential (+9), along with the Spurs. I think they're doing just fine. They're indeed #6 in points allowed, and the only winning teams better than them in that category are Memphis and SA.

7. JumpMan

I added Mike Montgomery.

Well, I guess I'm wrong about the Pistons, and I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see them knock out the Heat again.

8. Toast

Toast Member

As much as I like the guy, no way you can call TJ Ford a stud with his 38% shooting touch. There's a couple of other guys in there like that as well.