1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UNOFFICIAL] Texans off-season thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by codell, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh so you admit your whiny b**** **** here is based on you disagreeing with me in the D&D? Well, at least you are honest about it.

2. esketit

esketit Member

what does that have to do with anything

King1 likes this.
  3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

bobby is wrong everywhere. Remember how badly this guy hyped up Mallett and said that Watson's ceiling was Alex Smith lmao.

the11mingdynasty and Mr.Scarface like this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Get the D&D crap outta here. Nobody cares about your political garbage. If you have reading comprehension issues this is the Texans subforum

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

That's fine but nobody wants to read that stuff in here. It will ruin any thread

esketit likes this.
  6. esketit

esketit Member

why not debate what he is ctually saying instead of digging through his post history to find wrong takes in the past? especially not about politics

King1 likes this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No.....it based on your bad takes in EVERY forum. Still hung on up on Watson's exit velocity, right? "No QB with his exit velocity has been a successful NFL QB...." Right?

csj and No Worries like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'll admit that I bought into Brett Kollmann's hype when it comes to Mallett

..and I'll stand by what I said when I said that Mallett gave the Texans a better chance to win than Brian Hoyer.

As to Watson, I said that if he couldn't overcome his poor throwing mechanics that his ceiling was Alex Smith...and I think that's being kind.

Watson's exit velocity was absolutely troubling and he struggled with poor throwing mechanics which was a problem.....and we saw that it was a problem in the preseason last year where he could barely throw an accurate pass beyond a few yards. Now he worked on it a ton and managed to almost completely overcome those problems in a much more quickly than I thought possible, but that doesn't mean that he never had those problems and it doesn't mean that those concerns weren't valid.

Now, given your history, I'm sure that goes over your head, so I know spelling that out for you will do no good, but now that you've had it explained you have no excuse for repeating this ridiculous hot take in the future. We'll see how you do.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL.......you are a joke. Won't admit you were wrong.....just like your hero Trump. LOL.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, whatever you say kiddo, I already gave you more attention than you are worth, run along now and let the adults talk.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I am probably older than you........but hey, you are wrong at every age.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well if that's true, that makes your antics that much more pathetic. I get that your whole shtick is you lashing out at your betters for making you feel inferior, but it just doesn't play very well. For your sake, I hope you are merely young and this is something you'll grow out of.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Now that Mr.Scarface has had his tantrum, let's get back to talking about the Texans.

14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I went back and watched this, it reminded me of a video sports science did on Watson, Trubisky, and Kizer. It's pretty funny how accurate it ended up being. Quick release made up for lack of velocity.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I actually posted the wrong thing, it was this breakdown by Brett Kollmann that convinced me to give Mallett a chance as initially I was completely against it.

https://www.battleredblog.com/2014/9/3/6100837/the-film-room-ryan-mallett-houston-we-have-a-monster

Brett does some really awesome breakdowns, but he can also end up hyping up players that flop based on a well put together video package.....like this

That said, everyone is wrong sometimes, and the bulk of his stuff is spot on.

houstonstime likes this.
  16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

What poor mechanics? Can you provide a video showing such claim? Or did you hear this from the media experts and ran with as if it was factual?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's fairly small things but it's how he went from this

Where he threw 1 pick but could have easily thrown 4 and wasn't completing anything but dink and dunk stuff struggling with his accuracy off and on all game to this

Near perfection, I count 5 bad pass attempts the entire game.

He needed to change small things that made a pretty big difference in the results. Occasionally he'd fall back on bad habits and throw a poor pass, but he didn't even look like the same QB during the middle of the season when compared to him just a few months earlier in preseason.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

When Dabo said passing on Deshaun was like passing on Jordan, maybe we shouldn't have laughed him off.

I know I kind of shrugged the comment off, and I am still trying to not disappoint myself, but I'm so excited for the season.

Uprising likes this.
  19. Nimo

Nimo Member

20. Nimo

Nimo Member