1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UNOFFICIAL] Texans off-season thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by codell, Jan 1, 2018.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

With a top 10 defense and a full season of Watson? 11-5

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Allen is a step closer to not making the team.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Brock, Jeff Allen, Lamar Miller

quite the FA class

raining threes likes this.
  8. raining threes

Three Dog Night

Thx Ricky

macho GRANDE and Commodore like this.
  9. SuraGotMadHops

Wow he really looks like his daddy

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Glad we got our monthly "How are Deshaun & J.J. doing?" questions in. :D See you again in June.

Speaking on Good Morning Football, Texans coach Bill O'Brien said Deshaun Watson (ACL) is "on schedule to participate in training camp." It is not a surprise considering O'Brien said Watson could end up getting in some work during OTAs, but it is still good news. Coming off an early-November ACL tear, it looks like Watson will be 100 percent well before Week 1. He carries some injury risk, but Watson also carries No. 1 overall quarterback upside.

Speaking on Good Morning Football, Texans coach Bill O'Brien said he is "not at all" concerned about J.J. Watt's (knee) health. Watt has played just eight games in the last two seasons because of a back injury in 2016 and a left tibial plateau fracture last year. Still, his coach is not concerned. "I would never bet against J.J Watt," O'Brien said. "He's going to be back, he's going to be at full strength, and he's going to help us win a lot of games." Watt has said he feels "great" and expects to be ready for training camp.
    No one wants to be yelled at like Tania so they ask him the same questions every time they see him. :D Tania left to cover the Lakers.

Fullcourt likes this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

With no input from Billy I'm sure. Somehow the defense doesn't have that problem

12. conquistador#11

I bet the hoody could make Miller into a weapon with that speed and ability to catch the ball in open space instead of using him as a crash dummy inside the tackles. He's the prototype that NE looks for in backs. Hmmm..
    but no influence there.

And we didn't even start throwing to the running backs until Watson showed up. That's almost 4 years. 3 years for the TEs to get consistently involved. Running backs and TEs are security blankets/

Allen was "versatility" over brooks who blasted fools in the zone scheme. I wonder what team out East likes for their guards to play up and down the line. They didn't even play him at the Guard spot he played in KC.

Brock? I got nothing, jerry! except it was worth the risk. troubling times called for desperate measures and it led to Watson. Thanks to my compadre Mr. Mcnair, who after watching Hoyer 'perform' in the playoffs, kept reiterating we need a franchise qb. Otherwise, we'd be looking at some other "bridge" QB. It would have been interesting had Rick not drafted watson for mr mcnair, if the chowder heads would have traded us Jimmy. Both have what it takes to be special.

raining threes likes this.
  13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

They forgot to add the Jazzhole emblem to his jersey.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

WHY.. LOL- more than likely he plays special teams as well lol

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Extra arm for running practices. Watson isn't a participant until training camp.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

He did on those retirement papers.

18. body slam

body slam Member

I'm still not sold on Miller, Foreman, and Blue. Any reason the Texans have not taken a look at Alfred Morris?

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I’d rather look at DeMarco Murray.

body slam likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, because he's not very good, that's why. I think Foreman is done, I don't think Blue is anything special, but Miller is considerably better than Morris.