1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Unofficial 2017 ALCS] New York Yankees vs. Houston Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by swyyyguy, Oct 12, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

• For a potential game 7 the originator of the Woooo that Astros fans have adopted when @RealJoshReddick is at the plate, @RicFlairNatrBoy is scheduled to call Play Ball
    • Hall of Famer Clyde Drexler is scheduled to throw out the ceremonial first pitch before game 6 of the ALCS
    • The #Astros say the roof is scheduled to be closed for both game 6 and a potential game 7 of the ALCS due to impending rain.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Solid vs the Red Sox lefties for the most part. They had 3 (Sales twice, Pomeranz once).

But I'd still take him over Beltran.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I so hope you are right.

Houstunna likes this.
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Now they have to get it done. I have tickets for Game 3.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Assuming Verlander will go the distance maybe. With a 2 run lead I don't trust anybody in our pen to protect it.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Just talked to a Yankee fan and he straight up said, "Astros were better and NY is just hot."
    ___

Astros players said the atmosphere at Yankee Stadium was intimidating.

7. getssmacked123

Hinch has 24 hrs to learn how to manage a major league baseball team. You have to get a run when you get a lead off double. And it wouldn't hurt to show some emotion. Show that you care, and that you know what your doing. Everything a good manager does in game should have a purpose. And please don't be so shell shocked. Confidence is the only way we pull this off.

Tomstro likes this.
  8. jsingles

jsingles Member

2 run, nobody. Give up a run to make it a 1 run game that you still win? Give me Giles.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm basing this off of something I read from another fan and his thoughts on the series, but it made sense to me.

The Astros weren't playing with reckless abandonment they had during the season and earlier in the playoffs. The game seemed fun for the players. In NYC they weren't playing like that. Their body language looked down.

I feel like once winning became more of a reality their focus became technical. They weren't playing with the instincts and joy that got them to where they were before that trip to NY.

The Astros need to stop worrying about winning, go out there, have fun, and play with that reckless abandon they had during most of the season, and in the Boston series.

Ironically I believe by not worrying, wringing their hands, and fretting about just winning, it will give them a better chance of actually winning. By playing with that joyful spirit, the by-product will have a good chance of being a win.

10. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I was thinking they needed to have a big party in the clubhouse before they played.

11. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Club Astros

Haven't heard it in a while.

12. Bob Barker 007

It's time to bring WOOston back! Come on, Astros!

13. getssmacked123

Yes, big party. Lots of alcohol and drugs tonight. Have a blast. Then tomm go out and play the best ballgame of their lives. Come on STROS!!

14. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Where's the premature "[Unofficial 2017 World Series] Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Houston Astros" thread?

15. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Me since end of game 5...

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The Astros are going to win tonight. They're going to force a Game 7...where anything can happen. I'll likely lose at least 6 months of my life watching these games.

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Just win tonight

18. Houstunna

Supporting Member

We're down, but not out.

JV today, Lance tomorrow

Let's get it !!!

19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Tickets still available apparently... I did my part.

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If we win tonight..... I will never talk bad about Ryan Andersons defense / rebounding skills ever again.