1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Undefeated] Rockets source: [Harden] willed us to win tonight both offensively and defensively

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 23, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'll just slander the fans who think It's impossible for Harden to be good at both offense and defense.

2. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It was just for game 4, I think he did a lot better in the first 3 games. They showed the graphic after the game while they were talking about the impact of the Iggy injury, showing that Looney and Bell both had increased minutes. Rox had 1.7 against Looney and 1.3 against Bell, if I'm remembering correctly.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Harden played so well that Reggie Miller even took off his Golden State jersey at halftime. Wanted to put it back on in the third quarter but didn't get a chance.

And is probably still curled up fetal-position in bed, sucking his thumb. Knock knock knock. "Reggie, it's past checkout. Plane leaves in a couple hours, we gotta go.....Reggie?....Reggie?.......OK, ma'am, you have the key? Could you open the door, please?"

Rocket_ph, Vivi, IvanLCPM and 2 others like this.
  4. Madclownpacasum

Just noticed, whoever loses the 1st tip off wins the game!

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Almost 90% of the games this year hes been elite at offense and good at defense

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  6. macan

macan Member

Harden needs to show ryno how to have heart

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Its 1:43 pm and that Curry shimmy is still on my damn nerves. I get he's the greatest shooter of our era but BOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. I was ready to fight.

that's how pissed I still am, I posted this on the wrong thread.

IvanLCPM likes this.
  8. threepointshot3

When you’re best two players are focused the rest always follow

Lawlruschang likes this.
  9. HookemHorns1250

I'm proud of him. Especially on that dunk on Draymond. He could have very easily screamed at him...or have done something to kind of accidentally get him fired up, but he just kept quiet, didn't even look at him, and went to the free throw line. He's locked in, time to enjoy the ride.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I was impressed with how calm he was after a play like that...I definitely would’ve yelled and probably try to bump Donkey on my way to the line

11. threepointshot3

Big picture we have lofty goals

12. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Plot twist...it was Harden himself

macho GRANDE likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

You can say exact same thing about GSW. Their post season W-L record is identical to Houston's.

14. H-Town Rockets Guy

Harden made plays on both offense and defense last night. I don't think I have ever seen him close out on the shooters like he did last night. He definitely kept us in the game in the first half. Even though, he didn't shoot the ball well, him being on the court as a play maker makes a huge impact on how Warriors play their defense.

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I think he wanted more of his team to contribute offensively. Both paul and Harden pretty much played the entire game. He has to conserve his energy as much as possible.

16. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

he actually did stare right at draymond as he walked away, but to me that's actually much more frightening - the cold, composed, robotic assassin mentality rather than a crazed guy screaming