1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UFC 229 Mcgregor vs Khabib

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by mockster, Oct 3, 2018.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

If all it takes to goad someone into doing something really stupid is to insult their mom/dad, then people will keep goading you. Khabib is immature and it showed.

2. what

what Member

I fell asleep. duh

3. lionaire

lionaire Member

Actually, when Khabib went into the crowd Conor tried to join him and got stopped while trying to get over the fence. The guy in black being held back by security is one of Khabib's corner guys. He tried to get to Khabib and they got stopped on the fence at the same time as Conor so they were both on the fence together and Conor threw a punch at him causing this to escalate even further.

dockerland likes this.
  4. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

The fact he didn’t let it affect his performance in the fight shows the maturity. Everyone has a breaking point. Conor snapped with the bus, hell Conor jumped the ring and tried to attack a ref in Bellator....

nacho bidness likes this.
  5. jacoby

jacoby Member

Tony is a magnificent talent. 11 or 12 fight win streak with wins over big opponents. Dude is constantly disrespected though. Him and Khabib should be the next fight up.

dockerland likes this.
  6. cebu

cebu Member

All is because of Dana's greed. About time to take him out from UFC.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Khabib is out yo. He's going to retire. Just had to smash that boy for everyone to see. He's been wanting to retire for some time.

Bobbythegreat and cebu like this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He backed up his talk is all in a fighting sport. Its funny to see people get all sanctimonious.

nacho bidness likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Smesh.

donkeypunch likes this.
  10. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was the talk prior to the fights. We'll see if it happens.

Joe Rogan & Brendan Schaub - Khabib Will Beat Conor Mcgregor And Retire After The Fight

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree, I think it did affect his performance, there were times when he abandoned his game plan and decided to stand up with Conor, which could have ended catastrophically....but didn't. I think when it comes down to it Khabib is just such a superior fighter to McGregor that it didn't matter.

I mean, what did the UFC think was going to happen when they allowed McGregor to go after his family and his religion? Crazy assholes from Dagestan don't have a sense of humor about that ****.

No matter what happens, McGregor's image is forever tainted, everyone knows that if he fought Khabib 100 times he wouldn't even win 1 of them. Personally I think Khabib retires from the UFC and maybe does a few fights for Bellator before being done completely. Dana just lost the most talented fighter in the division over his hard on for McGregor.

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Conor and his team are trash. Glad they got exposed again.

Bobbythegreat, cebu and nacho bidness like this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This punch was amazing.

14. cebu

cebu Member

Uranium infused vodka delivered to Dublin from Red October.

KingCheetah likes this.
  15. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

Lol Connor had the bus incident ...slapped a ref and actually jumped in/out of the cage in the past in rage and lashed out at people. And Connor threw the first punch if you watch some of the diff angles. Nobody talks about that. I do however still think khabib and his team should’ve handled it differently.

16. RightTooCensor

He may reconsider once he looks at the money he could bank for one rematch

ryan_98 likes this.
  17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

He picked Conor to win the fight and as usual he was wrong

18. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

McGregor and his team should never have talked about Putin, appears Russia's leader called Khabib after the fight to congratulate him. I wonder if this was something Putin wanted to happen. I mean the man's probably the richest man in the world. Khabib just doesn't appear to be the type to do what he did, totally opposite of his character. He also said not to talk about his nation.... interesting if true, you probably couldn't even say no to Putin even if you wanted to.

Also interesting that McGregor seemed to instigate the post might melee with the Khabib members...not one media outlet reporting this.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Dana wants Khabib to ever fight McGregor again unless it's after a few years. One fight against Khabib made McGregor look like an absolute talentless hack and that's Dana White's cash cow....a cash cow that Dana White is still tied for for 5 more fights. I think now Dana White will attempt to rehab McGregor's image by putting him up against some scrubs hoping that he won't get beat because right now his draw power just took a ****. If there is an immediate rematch that'll just hurt McGregor even more.

TRIQSTER likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

McGregor went after his religion, I think that was the big one. Muslims literally kill people all the time for insulting Islam all across the globe.....it's just not something that should be allowed because it's crossing the line. There's talking **** and then there's asking to get killed for real.