1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twitter CEO: Conservatives don't feel safe expressing opinions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Imagine FB and Twitters as private communication tools.

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

"insert a quarter after you dial your tweet,for long distance tweets add additional quarters"

Amiga likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, you cut out parts of the study you didn't like, so either you didn't read it correctly which is possible or you just intentionally misrepresented the study.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No....I didn't cut anything out, I cited what I cited and in no way was it misrepresented. Hell I used the exact wording from the study. You are trying really hard to misrepresent what I said, and I'm not really sure why. Perhaps it's because interpersonal hostility just comes naturally to you....

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You done crying?

Rashmon likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Then you would have quoted the paper, you did not, you didn't even link it. Then you rejected the definition of the word from the paper for your own vague definition.

So tell me, what does psychoticism mean to you?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, no I didn't you simpleton, I used the wording from the paper and then explained it for you since you seemed to think the wording was confusing. I didn't reject the definition....again I keep telling you to go back and re-read what I said because your reading comprehension is absolutely pathetic. I'm honestly starting to wonder how you graduated high school operating on this low level.

Since I can't count on you to go back and read things again, I'll spell it out for you again. Here's your dictionary type definition for psychoticism. Psychoticism is a personality pattern typified by aggressiveness and interpersonal hostility.

That's exactly how I used to word, because that's what the word means. It's not a word that is unique to the study....Psychoticism is one of the three traits used by the psychologist Hans Eysenck in his P–E–N model (psychoticism, extraversion and neuroticism) model of personality.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

More insults because that's all you have in the end...

Can you tell me the definition of Psychoticism that the paper used or no?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Here's the edit you missed, the reason I'm "insulting" you is because you are coming across as a simpleton.

Since I can't count on you to go back and read things again, I'll spell it out for you again. Here's your dictionary type definition for psychoticism. Psychoticism is a personality pattern typified by aggressiveness and interpersonal hostility.

That's exactly how I used to word, because that's what the word means. It's not a word that is unique to the study....Psychoticism is one of the three traits used by the psychologist Hans Eysenck in his P–E–N model (psychoticism, extraversion and neuroticism) model of personality.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Right, but the paper doesn't use the dictionary definition, you 'simpleton'.

https://www.thecut.com/2016/07/why-...orrect-a-simple-error-about-psychoticism.html
    The questions they asked for this study...

No, I said you MEANT it as an insult, but being the 'simpleton' you are you don't realize that scientific definitions of words are often different from dictionary definitions of words.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You've gone out of your way to prove that you aren't the brightest person down here in the D&D, but you do realize that what you just cited showed that the paper was using the term “Psychoticism” as it was introduced by German psychologist Hans Eysenck.....and it was Hans Eysenck's definition that I used....the one I ALWAYS used, the one that you are responding to right now and suggesting that it is wrong.

I try to work with you, but you just don't operate on a very high level and it causes tedious BS like this. I used psychoticism as the word is defined, you can decide for yourself if you think it is an insult or not. What you can't do is misrepresent what I said by failing to understand what the word means and where it comes from.

I'm truly embarrassed for you that I've had to spell this out, so do yourself a favor and read more before trying to comment.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The issue is you are using the wiki instead of the own researchers that are telling you how they referred to the word, that's why I showed the questions asked, which contradict the way you've defined the word.

Not only that, you are basically referring to an outdated study, a study whose claim to fame is being wrong. So there's that too...

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So in your mind, the guy who coined the term doesn't know what the term he coined means? Brilliant job. You've convinced me. The study is old, but accurate and the fact that the findings were initially misreported doesn't change that.

You'd do well to just admit that you screwed up and apologize for being foolish. That would be the end of it.

15. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

And YT...

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

In my mind the researchers understand the definition of the word better than you or I and it is their study, they used specific questions according to definitions that they themselves had in mind. If the researchers say that psychoticism is referring to unicorns and rainbows then that's how the study should be read.

But they made it pretty clear what they mean by using this word and even the original author of the word meant it in broader strokes, you just cut off the rest of the wiki to reach that point. That's why they don't use his model anymore apparently...doesn't mean anything bad on him, the job of science is to disprove previous scientists

The issue is this...

And since you are using Wiki..

[​IMG]

In fact the study was trying to show, in the authors words...

"Building upon a series of works by Thomas J. Bouchard, Lindon J. Eaves, Hans J. Eysenck and other contemporaries, we present strong evidence that the assumed causal relationship between personality and left–right ideology is too simplistic."
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886909004760

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

DM whatever you want.

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Can the two of you please do the rest of us a favor and shut the **** up? You sound like a couple of pre-teen girls.

19. biina

biina Member

Is this also a science?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I can't tell if it's that you don't consider social sciences to be science or if you aren't smart enough to understand that's what was being said. Given your posting history the latter is the most likely and that's just really sad. I wish you had better role models growing up so that you could do a better job when it comes to interacting with your betters. I suppose your mom did the best she could under the circumstances.